Avant Power tailgate not locking or opening m- help

And

Reaction score
OK ...............so short term assist required and any solutions for long term fix sought.

Curently stuck with tailgate not locking properly and can't open it to see what is going on. Seems ot me that auto power openmechanism might be knackered and since the lock doesn't do it's normal complete auto close that somethin gelse is knackereed as well.

Does anyone have any previous experience with this? Solutions, thoughts etc welcome.

Also as an after thought is ther any way that the power function can be disengaged to allow old school non-power open and close operation of the tailgate.

in anticipation!

Clearly can't drive it very far in this condition - any thoughts anyone?

I'm sure I recall seeing a manual override in the book, but think you need to be able to get to the rear of the boot panel inside the car.
Can you manually lift the tail gate?
Might have to climb through from the back

Keef

can get in the back via rear seats once dropped down. Hven't tried the spare key yet nut eill in a momnet. Can't lift the tailgate as it seems to be constrained by the power system?

don't want to force it in case I make things worse.

:sos:

Sorry that was the limit of my technical knowledge mate, assume you've had a google?

Google completed but remarkably little on the scenario. Have managed a temp fix by inserting screwdiver in to boot locking latch to imitate the locking bar on the car. It locked onto this and seems to have 'fixed' the issue. Will be taking it down to friendly local indy to dicuss.

:racer:

Sounds like a faulty microswitch on the boot catch.
Good point. I am presuming that the microswitch can be ot at by removing the rear trim? and maybe a blast of compresed air might ease the problem.

thank you