HU replacement

adlamp

Reaction score
hi people, I'm new to the group and currently in the market for an s4 b6/b7. The b6 I've got my eye on has the original tape/cd player in. How Easy is it to replace for the Audi sat nav one or any after market one without loosing any driver displays? Sorry if this has been covered before.

Thanks for any info

Hi I've just brought a B7 S4 and asked the same question. From what I've found out or read If you get an Audi rns-e satnav unit the car needs to be programmed and the display will work. If you go for an after market unit which I'm looking to do with the pioneer apple play unit you lose the dash display. I'm sure someone will enlighten us more if I've got that more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of Cannock? I'm from burntwood aha, I don't mind having the Audi one Tbf, how do you go about programming it? Main dealer jobby? Cheers for your reply.

King of Cannock? I'm from burntwood aha, I don't mind having the Audi one Tbf, how do you go about programming it? Main dealer jobby? Cheers for your reply.

I don't think it needs to be a main dealer. Midland VW in norton canes might well be able to do it. Or there may even be someone on here who can. Lol king of Cannock is an old joke with a mate forgot it was on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk