2.5TDI CVT multitronic owner ( Bit of help needed)

69COU

Reaction score
Can any owners of Multitronic version do a quick test for me and let me know by next Friday when I send into main dealer.

Need someone to do an acceleration test. ( Car in D (Drive))

If you put your foot to floor say at 40mph fully pressing kickdown switch and keep planted does your car just accelerate until it hits 4000RPM and then stay there or does it change up gear.

Remember foot planted completely to the floor.

Mine seems to be forgetting to change up a gear unless I slightly lift accelerator from fully pressed.(Off the kickdown switch)

I suspect something is not quite right on mine as appears quite sluggish at low speed acceleration.

Seem that if in D position it appears like it starts in 3rd gear so very slow to get going.

Normal power and acceleration if put into the 1-6 range.

Things i am going to get the Audi dealers to do are as follows:

Change transmittion fluid as not sure this has been done at 80K service
Check MAF
Wheel Torque sensors.

Anything else i should get them to look at. Car currently has 97K miles.
:blackrs4: :blackrs4:

hi mine does the same too when cold it hardly seems like it wans to pull until warm. like you descrided it seems to forget to change up ive always put it down to the torque convertor limiting power. last month i put 20 quid of diesel in than put some stp diesel treatment in because the car does allot of local driving a friend said i could do with clearing out i found a stretch of road put it in triptronic and accelerated upto about 80 holding it in third around the 4 thousand rev mark and held it there for a bit the smoke that bellowed out of the back was unreal but as i did it the car felt better than it ever had. the reves dropped and i pulled over i thought i had blew it up even on tick over the smoke still came out after a few seconds it cleared and ticked over normal when i pulled away again it felt sharper and more responseve than ever and felt like 150 break even in D since then when cold it slow and it seems to clog up regular and needs a blast but it doesnt seem to rev pas 3500 mark its not somthing that i notice because i dont thrash it but if you find something out let me know..............forgot to mention i changed the maf and the boost controler before all of this but power has now taled off once again?????

Excellent read, hopefully mine will be sorted next week when it goes in for a small plastic vacume hose T piece that was cracked to be replaced. As my A4 1.9 is also multitronic as well as the A6 2.5 i was sure something was not right with the A6 power.

Further of my posts are on the A6 forum regarding the issues i've been having.

Just thought of something: friend had an A6 1.9 Multitronic, where the clutch was snatchy and was replaced under warranty. Apparently there is a TSB on the 6-pack clutch (info from Honest John at last para -http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index.htm

December 2005: Dealer TSB to replace current 6 pack clutch of 2.5V6TDI Multitronic with a new revised 7 part clutch as there is a known problem with the Multitronic being unable to cope with the torque of the 2.5tdi.

What exactly is a Dealer TSB is this a AUDI cost repair irrespective of car age. Mine is a Nov 2002 car so would have passed the 3 yr warranty period a month after this.

I read somewhere that the 7 part clutch effectively gives an extra gear when in Tiptronic mode.

What cost would be expected with this clutch change if at own cost?

I will post in A6 forum as well.

Cheers

Dealer Technical Service Bulletin. As it seems to be a known design issue, I'd push for action at their expense. If car was serviced in the VAG dealerships, they would have been able to tell you. Did they not?

Got back from Audi today having done Gearbox Oil + the T piece that had split.

100% improvement in take off/ acceleration.

Part number of T Piece was 059133537 cost 1.50 + Vat.

It connectes to the vacume hoses that connect to Turbo.

May be worth asking garage to check all your vacume hoses for any leaks.

This I suspect was causing my gearbox to not change gear correctly!!!
Gearbox oil was a precaution as had no record of it being done at the correct service.

Cheers
Hope this helps.