Squeak, rattle, annoying sound - rear seats

vaf888

Reaction score
Anyone come across a weird squeaky/rattle coming from the rear seats close to the rear door. Cant locate it or find it? Happens when driving from start, no idea what it is.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Anyone come across a weird squeaky/rattle coming from the rear seats close to the rear door. Cant locate it or find it? Happens when driving from start, no idea what it is.

Thanks

I get a bit from front seats when I'm moving around getting comfy and some occasional plastic squeaking from dash and inner door pillar near the speaker.
Must say B8's are a bit more plasticky and not quite as solid put together as my B7 , but a more modern nicer cabin to be in, shame some of the finishes and fittings sound & feel cheaper.

Sorry forgot to mention happens regardless if rear seats are empty or sat in.

Metallic or plastic on plastic noise?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I get that sound too, it also happens when some bass hits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an idea, maybe check that the rear seat base is still secured to the body of the car - I think that the only fixings that hold that seat base down are two plastic anchors - these anchors get destroyed when the seat base if lifted up for any reason, if this is your problem, then buy a couple of new anchors they cost pennies!

Thanks i will check

I will try and record it later

Is was an umbrella wedged in the boot rattling lol