Upgrading the interior light in my A3 8V

Martin_MCD

Reaction score
So after recently taken ownership of my Audi A3 S Line I have been looking at doing some simple modifications.

One of the first upgrades I looked at doing was to change all the interior lights for LEDs. After some searching on eBay I not only found the LED bulbs I was looking for but also found someone selling the upgraded interior light unit with map reading lights and the ambient red light.

IMG 2277

Tonight while fitting the new unit all was going well thanks to a great how to YouTube video. However 2 of the 3 plugs fit the new unit but the red one shown in the pic does fit the fit the remaining 12 pin socket.

IMG 2275

This is the remaining socket.

IMG 2279

Has anyone done a similar upgrade? Is there a possible way of replacing the plug and connecting the wires to new pins? The current plug as per pic has three wires a red, brown and a blue / green one? Can anyone who has the upgraded unit installed tell me how many wires are in the the 12 pin plug and maybe the pins that are used and the colour of the wires connected to the pins.

Appreciate everyone's help in advance, happy to create a how to guide once done to show other users how to do it.

pretty sure this isnt do-able without a lot of work. I remember asking abut this and doing some research and realising its not plug & play. I could be wrong but I would use the search button as im sure there will be lots of info out there.

Dont know but interested to know if it does as I will take the same route. Es Portugues? Lisboa? se quiseres um numero de uma Pessoa em Lisboa que faz modificações envia me uma mensagem :)
Mandei vir agora mesmo esse cabo, pelo que percebi do alemão é que tras ambos os conjuntos. Para frente e para tras.

Enviado do meu HUAWEI VNS-L31 através do Tapatalk

Reactions: Ormesome
Mandei vir agora mesmo esse cabo, pelo que percebi do alemão é que tras ambos os conjuntos. Para frente e para tras.

Otimo! se funcionar deixa uma mensagem aqui! também gostaria de fazer isto mas nao tinha visto este cabo. sem isto acho que o processo é difícil.

Encontrou um para a parte de traz?

Reactions: stote
É só aguardar que chegue e veremos... gastei dinheiro nos plafoniers em led para usar, se não der é uma m**da...

Depois deixarei o feedback. Entretanto estou à espera de lâmpadas led h6w para a marcha atrás.
Otimo! se funcionar deixa uma mensagem aqui! também gostaria de fazer isto mas nao tinha visto este cabo. sem isto acho que o processo é difícil.

Working
f9333f9e6bd8e33453fd0c54c47194cc.jpg
032f6b349a63d168bd1e609272f1eaec.jpg

Interior lights, more the cable and make the conections.
I just need to activate the KL30G on VCDS.

Easy
Wow amazing! so you just bought the front and rear lights and the cable from eBay and it works perfect? no extra wiring or coding?

Interior lights, more the cable and make the conections.
I just need to activate the KL30G on VCDS.

Easy

hello have you got a valid part number so i can sort out my interior lights thansk

So after recently taken ownership of my Audi A3 S Line I have been looking at doing some simple modifications.

One of the first upgrades I looked at doing was to change all the interior lights for LEDs. After some searching on eBay I not only found the LED bulbs I was looking for but also found someone selling the upgraded interior light unit with map reading lights and the ambient red light.

View attachment 123017
Tonight while fitting the new unit all was going well thanks to a great how to YouTube video. However 2 of the 3 plugs fit the new unit but the red one shown in the pic does fit the fit the remaining 12 pin socket.

View attachment 123019

This is the remaining socket.

View attachment 123020

Has anyone done a similar upgrade? Is there a possible way of replacing the plug and connecting the wires to new pins? The current plug as per pic has three wires a red, brown and a blue / green one? Can anyone who has the upgraded unit installed tell me how many wires are in the the 12 pin plug and maybe the pins that are used and the colour of the wires connected to the pins.

Appreciate everyone's help in advance, happy to create a how to guide once done to show other users how to do it.
did you get this sorted as i am in the same predicament