KW V2 single coil replacement

pun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just got back from the mechanic with some bad news. The front left coilover which is by KW seems to be damaged. I have no idea how the previous owner did it but this is the last of a bunch of parts we had to replace on the front left of my S3. He adviced we replace the shock absorber on that single coilover. Anywhere I can buy these online and other ways to go about it without having to replace the whole system? What are your thoughts?
Thanks!
- Theo

You can contact kw by e-mail and they'll let you know if you can send it to them to fix it or you'll need new one. They are very helpfull, but to order replacement you'll need to go through their dealer for your region.
Also it doesn't mean that previous owner damaged them, they can fail just like other parts. I had front spring fail. It happens.

I wouldn't replace just one, i'd do the pair at least, ie both fronts or both backs, never one on it's own

Reactions: tcardio
Thanks everyone for their answers. Damian the car is in the shop, my mechanic sent me these numbers from the coilovers. Do these make any sense?

Front: 100( )007
Rear: 82-2551-kw 61580013

Thanks everyone for their answers. Damian the car is in the shop, my mechanic sent me these numbers from the coilovers. Do these make any sense?

Front: 100( )007
Rear: 82-2551-kw 61580013

Not the front part but I will speak to KW and see what they say.

Damian @ DPM Performance