Audi B8 2.7tdi dipstick ??

Colin Anderton3

Reaction score
hello, when I tried to check the oil level to my surprise the dipstick is a small black plug, so just wondered has anyone managed to get a proper dipstick if so where to get one from because Audi do not supply them but they must have a dipstick in the workshop to check the oil level, any help will be grateful thanks from Colin.

Not the same engine but I have the 2.0 tfsi petrol engine and I ended up getting one that was made for a Passat CC i believe, the Americans have got quite a few bits of information on the net, so maybe worth a google to see if anything comes up for you.

thanks for that, not having a proper dipstick to me is stupid and I can see why you cannot purchase one as it takes it away from the diy mechanic cheers from Colin

It can definitely be.ordered from Audi I got one for my 3.0 tdi from them, I'll see if i can find the part number for you if i still have the receipt

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

If you do a google search and a search on here you'll find the relevant part numbers

It can definitely be.ordered from Audi I got one for my 3.0 tdi from them, I'll see if i can find the part number for you if i still have the receipt

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
thanks for the reply, I have found one from A8parts I think they are called,I have put a watch on one from them on ebay
059115611AB that is the part number that I am watching and it says it is the Audi A4 2.7tdi, who ever thought of doing away with the proper dipstick and have a stubby black thing does not make sense when the job to check your oil level was so simple the original way, anyway I think that is the part correct me if I am wrong, I phoned up my local independent Audi dealer and he tells me you have to do it by checking the dashboard so there was no joy with him he says you cannot get one so there you are, but I know you must be able to as you have proved it yourself, thanks from Colin

One of the first mods I made to my 3.0 TDI was to get a dipstick, around £8 from the dealers a few years ago. The oil level indication on the MMI doesn't work half the time. I am old school and a dip stick works better for me.
The part number above is the correct part number for the dipstick. Try the local Audi parts dealer and see how much they are.
Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

Reactions: Nilz
hello, contacted the main dealer this morning and he did not have the part number so I quoted the one I had and he said it would be in on Tuesday price £10 and coppers plus vat so cheaper than the one I was looking at at £23 online, so thanks to you I have one on order thanks mate from one happy chappy Colin
P.S I have some bits off my A4 B6 avant roof bars door blades and hids going to sell them as a job lot but they will have to be collected, I might cover the cost of getting splash gaurds and the other bits I have had to buy we shall see cheers from Colin.

The part number is shown on the diagram. Part number 18.
http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../115/subcategory/115065/part_id/252935/lang/e
Sometimes it's worth trying the dealers for stuff ,they can be cheaper than Fleabay.
thanks for the reply I have ordered the dipstick from the local Audi main dealer but I had to give him the part number so getting it on Tuesday price £10 and coppers plus vat which was cheaper than £23 on line, just need the spash gaurds now but they will have to wait until I have sold the B6 bits first cheers from Colin

udate to the dipstick, pick it up from Audi main dealers today and fits and the oil check is spot on, who needs a dashboard readout eh!! next jobs is the fron daytime driving lights and splashgaurds fron and rear. cheers from Colin

Reactions: desertstorm
The standard DRL bulbs are pretty poor. They do look much better with LED's and it's not that hard to do. I fitted some in my car if you look at the build thread.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…