Raising the windscreen Wipers

Burrizzle

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone please tell me how to raise the windscreen wipers on my 2014 A3 S Line please? They are below the bonnet for what I can only assume is for aerodynamics but when I went to wash my car for the first time I couldn't figure out how to do it. I've tried looking through the menu on the on board screen but can't find anything.

Ignition off
Press down on wiper stalk once

(may have to take key out)

Reactions: Burrizzle and pastey
When in the car with the ignition off, pull the wiper stalk down for a few seconds and the wipers will raise into a position that you can then fold them away from the windscreen

Reactions: Burrizzle, Mark_86 and pastey
When in the car with the ignition off, pull the wiper stalk down for a few seconds and the wipers will raise into a position that you can then fold them away from the windscreen

Remember to fold them back down before you turn on the ignition again though.
:yes:

Reactions: Burrizzle, allanmb and batch
Not certain for the pre-facelift, but in the facelift there is a wiper service position setting available in the "Car" section of the MMI.

This was also present on the MMI 3GPlus in my B8 A4.

Reactions: Burrizzle and Audi Bairn
Not certain for the pre-facelift, but in the facelift there is a wiper service position setting available in the "Car" section of the MMI.

This was also present on the MMI 3GPlus in my B8 A4.

This isn't in the Car section as standard on the PFL, but can be enabled with Vagcom, like you I came from a B8 and when I went looking for it; the cupboard was bare :D

The same technique of pulling the wiper stalk down and holding for a couple of seconds after turning the ignition off works for both though

Reactions: Burrizzle