Audi a4 b6 performance upgrade

Wzy

Reaction score
I have an Audi A4 B6 2002 model. 2.0 engine. I wanna up it's performance but dunno where to start. Any tips?

I've moved this to the B6 section where you've more chance of getting useful replies.

Reactions: Wzy
There's really not much scope for tuning the 2.0 n/a engine, the best option would be to source a 1.8t engine with engine wiring loom and ECU, remapping can have you near 200hp and that's without any supporting mods.

Ah damn... Need more power. Been thinking of getting a 2.4 engine though.

2.4's aren't much better, if you want to stay n/a and can't go S4 for whatever reason some people swear by 3.0's for performance and reliability (I think? Sure I've read something about them being more reliable/less maintenance/easier to work on than S4's) but I'd say go 1.8T which is also a tried and tested engine which people have achieved big horsepower in.

Reactions: Wzy
A decade or more ago, I had a B6 2.4 V6. They have 170bhp, compared with 130 for the 2.0. Like @DieselJake said, you can't do much with them. They're beautifully smooth - I loved mine - but in terms of tuneability, you're looking at maybe an extra 10-15bhp tops. The 3.0 V6 suffers the same limitations, but of course it's a lot more powerful to begin with (220bhp). That's the way of things with normally-aspirated engines, I'm afraid.