Where do I stand with my final week of warranty?

scoss

Reaction score
If an issue is diagnosed within warranty should it be fixed under warranty even if the next available date that Audi can fix this issue has passed the warranty date. My dealership is normally very busy and it takes weeks to be seen etc.

It's a 3 year warranty so surely they have to?

It's a 3 year warranty so surely they have to?

Well it's going on Tuesday to get a rattle sorted. (Drivers seat belt) today my SIM card will not connect at Audi connect and won't acknowledge that the sim has been inserted. Card has not expired and it's a 12g data so there is no way I've got no data left. So it must be an issue with the sim reader or something relating to that. It was working fine yesterday BTW!

The women at Audi said that all work had to be competed by the time my warrenty was up. So she was keen to get my booked in this week.

What I don't want if for her to say, we can't fit your car to be fixed this week. There for it will be out of warrenty.

Yes, any issue notified within the warranty period is valid

Regardless of whether this is fixed after warrenty has expired? Does it say this in writing anywhere?

Well it's going on Tuesday to get a rattle sorted. (Drivers seat belt) today my SIM card will not connect at Audi connect and won't acknowledge that the sim has been inserted. Card has not expired and it's a 12g data so there is no way I've got no data left. So it must be an issue with the sim reader or something relating to that. It was working fine yesterday BTW!

The women at Audi said that all work had to be competed by the time my warrenty was up. So she was keen to get my booked in this week.

What I don't want if for her to say, we can't fit your car to be fixed this week. There for it will be out of warrenty.
If the issues are flagged up while still in warranty and they can't get you in on time then there won't be an issue

Regardless of whether this is fixed after warrenty has expired? Does it say this in writing anywhere?
I couldn't say mate, not read the small print in detail, just had a reoccurring issue with my rs4 and it was fixed after the expiry date twice as it was noted previously while still under warranty

Just been talking to Audi via the text chat feature. They say it's up to the dealership discretion. All work normally must be completed within warrenty. My car is going in on Tuesday. If they say they don't have the time to resolve the issue I'm gonna call the VWFS warrent team (just been given this) and voice my annoyance.

Just been talking to Audi via the text chat feature. They say it's up to the dealership discretion. All work normally must be completed within warrenty. My car is going in on Tuesday. If they say they don't have the time to resolve the issue I'm gonna call the VWFS warrent team (just been given this) and voice my annoyance.
That's none sense, if the issues is Id'd within warranty then it should be covered by warranty, it's not your problem they are busy.

If they reject I would be straight onto the ombudsman and trading standards. I think the chat people are fobbing you off there.

I don't know your cover detail but have worked in insurance for a long time and would be very surprised if they could decline on this basis.

That's none sense, if the issues is Id'd within warranty then it should be covered by warranty, it's not your problem they are busy.

If they reject I would be straight onto the ombudsman and trading standards. I think the chat people are fobbing you off there.

I don't know your cover detail but have worked in insurance for a long time and would be very surprised if they could decline on this basis.

It would be within the 3 year Audi warrenty. See photo for extract.
IMG 0470

Still can't believe how i should be penalised because my local dealership is snowed under!!

Still can't believe how i should be penalised because my local dealership is snowed under!!
You shouldn't, get in there asap, speak to device manager and escalate to ombudsman if needed.

You've reported within policy, Audi could palm off all near end of warranty claims by saying too busy.

Need a new control module for MMI! they're gonna cover it with the guarantee though!