zenon headlights

garratt83

Reaction score
Hi

Proberbly a silly question but how can you tell you've got xenon headlights? I was at work and someone said they look like xenon bulbs.

Cheers

The inboard headlamps looks like they have a lens over them, they also twitch around when you turn them on and appear to be blue when they first strike. Looking at your gallery if LB51 is your car then they sure look like Xenons to me!! ;)

edit: i think the above post answers the question..

My main beam headlights are like a golf ball can't see the bulb, only on the mainbeam not the dipped or sidelights.

Will try and get a closes up pic but its peeing it down at the mo and I melt in the rain

have u got the head lamp washers? looking at your pics it doesnt look like you have and if u have xenons then the washers come with them. also have u got manual dip light control? the xenons are auto so if u do then again it isnt.
the lenses are the same if im correct for the xenons as for standard fit, jus they use a projection method rathor than a reflector to make the beam, not sure how it works but thats my thinking.

no washers,and manual control as in you control the level via a switch next to the dash light control. The dipped beam is a golf ball and I can't see the bulb

yeah, i dont think u got the propper HIDs then, on mine i have the manual control blanked out cos the hids have self leveling system on all four wheels.
you cant see the bulb becuase the facelift headlamps use the projection system, jus a new fancy way of making the light project to the road, the for sure way to check is to have a look at the back of your bulbs, the hids have a big conector with a voltage warning sticker on it. if not its just a normal bulb.

ahh well shame:sadlike: , u could always get a retro fit kit, dont know how hard they are to fit, or even easier some decent Xenon look dipped bulbs. my mate jus got some off e-bay for under 20 quid i think. :idea: