"Least worst" option for leather smell?

Wibbly

Reaction score
What product do folk recommend to restore/enhance a nice leather smell? Looking at product reviews on Amazon, it's quite divisive - one man's nice leather smell is another man's TCP smell. :-(

I'm not particularly looking for leather care products (which I have and would expect to apply infrequently) and don't want to encourage more stretching/"saginess" of the leather by applying care products too frequently just to get a nicer smell.

Gliptone leather conditioner is a favourite on here I use it at least once a month. Keeps the seats nice and soft and free from micro scratches - also smells good!

Reactions: Daytonapig, Soulboy, Jon Roach and 1 other person
Don't fart in the car!?!. :hi:

Reactions: RAF_S7, azibux1, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Gliptone, furniture clinic not used Gliptone but others love it, furniture clinic smells rather nice, as for cleaning l got Valet Pro leather soap awesome cleaning power, Swisswax kit is the best on the market and ultimate finish are doing 10% off plus free delivery on all Swisswax products

Dr Leather Wipes, these things are great!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hi Rob2k68

Are you talking about this? https://www.liquidleather.com/car-i...utomate-leather-care-cream-5060033828618.html

I fancy giving it a go myself.......... is it a simple as a wipe on with cloth and leave?

Cheers,
Jon

It's this mate - yes karate kid style wipe on wipe off :-

IMG 2920

Another Gliptone vote here...used it the other day. Amazing how much muck the cleaner pulls off.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jon Roach
Cheers Dude, do you use on your steering wheel too or find it too greasy?

Once rubbed in do you leave it for anytime to dry?

Cheers,
Jon

Cheers Dude, do you use on your steering wheel too or find it too greasy?

Once rubbed in do you leave it for anytime to dry?

Cheers,
Jon
No, don't use it on the wheel, just a damp cloth on that.

This is easier:

Dead easy to use :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jon Roach
My grey leather seats do attract a bit of grime and the driver's seat starts to look a bit grubby after a couple of weeks. I was using the Gliptone GT12/11 but have to say it took some effort. Found that a good rub with a microwaved damp microfibre cloth does a far better job of actually cleaning the seats,removes the shine and restores the factory look. Still use the GT11 now and again for the lovely smell.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Fan of Gliptone also.. Try adding one of these Yankee Leather Vent Sticks after a clean.

$_57.JPG

Reactions: S32B and Rob2k68
I use gliptone on the leather an chemical guys leather spray on air fresher on the carpet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gliptone is the shizzle.
For the conditioning part, ditch the cloth, put some latex/surgical gloves on, and massage it directly into the leather for best results, so it can penetrate the stitching.
A little bit kinky perhaps, but it works a treat!,
Then leave for at least 12 hours to dry if possible for amazing results.
Nice and mat finish, and a lovely leather smell, like an old Rolls Royce or jag of yesteryear

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't see the point. Cleaner, yes, but conditioner? Car seat "leather" is usually coated in a thin film of resin or polymer to aid durability these days and that leather conditioner is more suited to something like a vintage Bentley. Still, if the smell makes y'all feel better...

;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't see the point. Cleaner, yes, but conditioner? Car seat "leather" is usually coated in a thin film of resin or polymer to aid durability these days and that leather conditioner is more suited to something like a vintage Bentley. Still, if the smell makes y'all feel better...

;)

Think it makes the holes around the stitching supple too, you know where the plastic coating is not there, it helps the leather stretch and retract a bit I suppose

Well definitely don't use creamy ones, as all you're doing is buffing up a plastic coating. The more watery type liquid conditioners may, or may not be absorbed through any microscopic pores that the coating may, or may not have...