Gyeon Bathe, Cure & Wet Coat quick thoughts

scotty76

Reaction score
I recently splurged some cash on a few Gyeon products and thought I'd collect my thoughts here. There's a lot of hype around detailing but I prefer to try stuff and see what I think. Gyeon was chosen for a couple of reasons: 1) my wife's car has Gyeon MOHS+ on it so need to maintain that 2) my car has Kamikaze ISM on it which I was looking for a topper for that wasn't the ludicrously expensive Overcoat.

So here we go...

Bathe

What is it? Shampoo suitable for all coatings. I used 35ml in my 20l wash bucket.
What did I think? Sudsy and excellent cleaning ability. Liked it.
Value for money 8/10 (1:500 dilution so good value)

Cure

What is it? Spray sealant suitable for use standalone or to extend the life of quartz coatings.
What did I think? A couple of sprays per panel gave excellent shine and slickness. It didn't smear which is an issue I had with Carpro Reload (still a great product but care needed on black).
Value for money 9/10

Wet Coat

What is it? Spray on / rinse off sealant. Super lazy. :)
What did I think? Squirt it on and pressure wash it off to leave a nice shine and awesome beading. Uses quite a lot of product per car so not going to last long.
Value for money 5/10

Reactions: Bristle Hound, SPIKE_, Keef and 1 other person
I recently splurged some cash on a few Gyeon products and thought I'd collect my thoughts here. There's a lot of hype around detailing but I prefer to try stuff and see what I think. Gyeon was chosen for a couple of reasons: 1) my wife's car has Gyeon MOHS+ on it so need to maintain that 2) my car has Kamikaze ISM on it which I was looking for a topper for that wasn't the ludicrously expensive Overcoat.

So here we go...

Bathe

What is it? Shampoo suitable for all coatings. I used 35ml in my 20l wash bucket.
What did I think? Sudsy and excellent cleaning ability. Liked it.
Value for money 8/10 (1:500 dilution so good value)

Cure

What is it? Spray sealant suitable for use standalone or to extend the life of quartz coatings.
What did I think? A couple of sprays per panel gave excellent shine and slickness. It didn't smear which is an issue I had with Carpro Reload (still a great product but care needed on black).
Value for money 9/10

Wet Coat

What is it? Spray on / rinse off sealant. Super lazy. :)
What did I think? Squirt it on and pressure wash it off to leave a nice shine and awesome beading. Uses quite a lot of product per car so not going to last long.
Value for money 5/10

Good write up - might have to try the Cure after my dodo juice stuff runs out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76
@scotty76 Are cure and wet coat similar? Do you need to use both?
Hey Keef. Not necessary to use both. For translation purposes from Carpro...

Cure = Reload
Wet Coat = Hydr02 / Hydr02 Lite

I'll be sticking to Cure as you can spray it on a wet car so not much different to Wet Coat and it'll go further.

Wet Coat is pretty handy as a quick protect on wheels. But it ain't going to last. Reckon I've used 250ml on 2 cars plus wheels.

Have a look at http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=339031

Nice little reviews @scotty76
Where are the pic's my friend ? ;) :D

Still got a bottle of Gyeon Cure I haven't had time to try out yet

So many Detailing products, so little time :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i find with hydro... just a few squirts per panel, and then i spread with a MF to get full coverage and make it go further

Reactions: Keef and scotty76
Reactions: Keef and scotty76
Hydro 2 lite is so quick n easy and great beading results

@Bristle Hound washed with Bathe. Topped up with Cure.

IMG 20170310 150256
IMG 20170310 104205061 HDR 3120x1755
IMG 20170310 104219736 3120x1755

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound