Stone Chips

jw4821

Reaction score
I'm after some advice really. My A1 is just over 18 months old and 30k miles and is covered in stonechips at the front. I do 20k miles a year so I'd expect some, but the paint just seems to be falling off!

Plus, as it's a lease car, it needs to be in reasonable condition when it goes back, and I'm not sure I'd get away with it in its current state

Anyone else in a similar situation? Would it be worth speaking to Audi or is that wasting my time?

Photo's available here. They're a good resolution so be sure to zoom in.

I have a black A1 with 40k on the clock.
If you saw my stone chips you'd feel alot better I can assure you!

quite easy to repair, touch up paint + DA polisher and cut out sand paper the size of a pencil rubber to level them.

Audi will probably moan when you give the car back. email me - cleanpaintcorrection@gmail.com - can probably help.

Justin

I had a horrific one appear on my black s1 which I've only had for 6 months, bought a kit from Chipex and the results are pretty good! Only I can now find it, and I have to get up close.
As said above though, a few passes with a DA polisher (which I don't have) would probably finish it off perfectly.

A little older but my '63 A7 is full of chips on front and bonnet with a quite big one on the boot. £380 to get the bumper and bonnet cleaned, resprayed and sealed.

Mates '07 A4 was horrendous and he just got his done for a similar price and now looks like new so the issue of chip magnet paint isn't new and has atleast been going on 10 years now. Might look at some polisher/detailers first and see what they can offer and quote.

pfft no they were double that :p it was from an Audi approved body shop near me called delete-a-dent that with additional costs for having a pearlescent paint.