Coupe vs Sportback, are you happy with your choice?

AJ91

Reaction score
As I ended up with the sportback having looked at the coupe first I must say I regret my choice somewhat sometimes when I see a coupe next to me, it just looks a bit better in my opinion mind you that I have yet to lower mine or had any nice wheels installed yet which will enhance my cars look greatly.

Sometimes I Think about just trading mine in for the coupe but then I Think of the 2 doors vs 4 doors how that might be annoying at times even though it looks a tad bit better.

The ideal thing for me would be to have a coupe as a summer car and then just an old volvo/saab for the Winter months but then my Quattro seems a bit pointless to be fair.. haha.

I just never seem to be 100% happy with my car choices lately and I can't afford to keep swapping every 1 year either. Guess I'll stick with this one until its time for an avant in the future.

Are you satisifed with your choice?

Coupe here and yes, very happy. Agree with you that I think the coupe is a better looking car, but then in the 4 months I've had the car I've only ever had 3 people in it twice and I don't have kids to get in and out of car seats in the rear. That and the fact I have the drivers seat all the way down & all the way back (6' 8" tall) so the coupe with its long doors get the B pillar out of my shoulder room mean the coupe is more practical than the sportback for me. The only thing I do miss is a hatchback, but I guess the car wouldn't be as rigid with one so would probably handle worse.

Reactions: AJ91
Absolutely. But I'm not sure that I can help you feel any better. I chose the sportback for practicality, but also I think it looks better than the coupe, contrary to both you and @arad85. Nevertheless hardly a day goes by without my wondering if I should have got an RS3, or a Merc or a BMW under the concept of "the grass is greener..."

Not much in it in my opinion looks wise between anything up to S5 Coupe v S5 Sportback.
I've had a S5 Coupe and we currently have a year old S5 Sportback BE, which I really like the look of.

IMG 2789

As it happens due to having a daughter the Coupe was never an option, we were choosing between SQ5 Plus and S5 Sportback. S5 looks far better than SQ5, and it came with waaaaaay more discount too.

RS5 is a different matter though, now it looks far superior!
Had one of those too.

IMG 0239

Last edited:
To say I'm happy with my coupe is an understatement, love it.

I don't miss having the four doors, previous A4 b8, but I can understand why people go for the Sportback for practicality reasons, space in the rear of the coupe can be limited.

JG

I always think 2 door cars look sportier than 4 doors (3 & 5 the same thought of course).

I'd have the coupe if I didn't need to take my daughter anywhere, but then again I'd also probably have an Aston.

She knows I wouldn't have it any other way!

No one mentioned the cabriolet though!

Now that I want:rockwoot:

Coupe all day everyday over a moredoor

Not much in it in my opinion looks wise between anything up to S5 Coupe v S5 Sportback.
I've had a S5 Coupe and we currently have a year old S5 Sportback BE, which I really like the look of.

View attachment 116579

As it happens due to having a daughter the Coupe was never an option, we were choosing between SQ5 Plus and S5 Sportback. S5 looks far better than SQ5, and it came with waaaaaay more discount too.

RS5 is a different matter though, now it looks far superior!
Had one of those too.

View attachment 116580

Looks great with that colour, love it. I agree from the front and rear end its identical just the side angle where I prefer the slope of the Coupe but the Sportback still looks awesome.

Wish I could own a RS car one day but its so expensive at my age, especially in Sweden haha.. Dream car.