Driver information system (DIS) not saving data

J0N

Reaction score
After changing the battery on my 2008 A4 2.0 tdi the data for the overall mileage, mpg, driving time etc does not seem to be saving. Any ideas anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

They all reset ok and they calculate whist driving but when the ignition has been off for an extended time, overnight for example....everything returns to zero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just been out & checked mine guys & they don't reset when the ignition is turned off.
Not sure what your issues are though pal :wtf:

Solved.....it seems that since owning the car I've been in 'on-board computer 2', disconnecting the battery reverted me back to 'on-board computer 1'. Duh!

Single journey memory (on-board computer 1)

The single journey memory processes the information on a journey from the time the ignition is switched on until it is switched off. If the journey is resumed within two hours after the ignition is switched off, the new figures are automatically included in the calculation. The memory is automatically deleted when you resume driving, if the journey is interrupted for more than two hours.

Total journey memory (on-board computer 2)

Unlike the single journey memory, the total journey memory is not erased automatically. In this way, you can determine the period for which you wish the on-board computer to supply figures.

page29image26656

Reactions: carlcall