A3 Cab depreciation woes !

JossyB

Reaction score
As the title says - huuuge depreciation in the past 4 months. I've got a 15 plate A3 Cab 1.4 COD Sline in Daytona with options and 5 1/2 k on the clock. Mint. £17750 px value. 18 month old. I was getting bids of £21500 4 months ago ! I just want rid of it now. Any similar experiences folks ?

Might have something to do with the time of year, not much call for cabriolets in January. Bad time to sell, good time to buy.

Reactions: richinsoton, Audi Bairn, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Yep, not the best time but Spring isn't that far off. In neg egg as a result ! I don't know whether to go for a deposit contribution or pre reg to cancel it out.

Yep, not the best time but Spring isn't that far off. In neg egg as a result ! I don't know whether to go for a deposit contribution or pre reg to cancel it out.

I had similar issues with my skoda octavia vrs!

It just depreciated like a stone ..... had to voluntarily terminate the finance (at cost)

And then bought a new car with a excellent deposit contribution....

Got a great deal on my current polo GTI which left me in a good financial situation when I wanted my S3

These type of NICHE cars are always going to take a hit in depreciation,but if its any consolation A3/S3 prices go up and down like a YoYo all through the year....keep it for another 10 months and the residual value will bottom out

Funnily enough I've been looking at a pre reg Octavia VRS TDI fully loaded which knocks out my neg egg. I'm put off by the massive depreciation highlighted by current/past owners. I'm also considering a Polo GTI or an UP! Just to set me up more for the future.

How did you find the VRS ? Petrol or diesel ?