Harman Kardon

Sayre

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know i bought the Drive And Play kit from harman kardon for My ipod and its great, works great and sounds great! def reccommended

Hi Pal,

I too was looking at this piece of kit but have encountered a slight problem and would love to hear how you got around it.

I own a 2007 A4 with the BOSE sound system. It already has the factory-fitted, in-glove box, iPod system, which is totally crap as it only displays track numbers and my iPod has 2600+ tracks.

As I understand, the HK system can be connected to the HU via either an antenna connection or an inline RCA type connection. The Concert HU in my A4 does not have an RCA line in to it. What I need is a converter to fit the back of my HU so that it can accept RCA inputs as I do not want to use the antenna option. Do you, or anyone else, know if one exists?

:racer: In dire need of driving lessons

My Bose HU doesnt have the RCA's either, The kit has a built in transmitter which i am using now although it sounds crap but i decided to go with the Antenna deal but i cant hook it up untill my removal tools come in. I did find this which plugs into the back of your bose HU so you can plug RCA's in

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=169

Hey Pal,

I manged to get a converter cable (simillar to the one you showed me) from Halfords (I don't know if you have them in the US?) an auto store. They are fitting the HK system with the adaptors for £180 - I know its a lot of money considering that I have the Audi in-built Ipod system. I will be keeping the car for four years (on a company lease scheme) and figured it would be worth the investment.

Many thanks for your advice.:beerchug:

Bigsy

PS: For the UK (Midlands) guys if you want the HK system - and I do recommend it go to Halfords as Bass Junkies wanted to charge me £285 for exactly the same thing!!!! :wacko: