Ignition fob help!

Brucey

Reaction score
Hi guys! Hoping someone can help me here? Today i had an issue with my 07 A5 3.0 TDI where the key fob wouldnt eject from ignition so i had to keep pushing it in and out until it ejected.

Now when i try and put the key fob back in the ignition the key will not slot into place and stay in it just falls back out but i can start the engine and then remove the key? Also its as if the key fob has gone out of sync with the car because now i cant lock/unlock the car with either of my fobs?

Anyone ever come accross this issue?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you
James

Sorted it! Due to the ignition lock being seized up with dirt over time the inside had been stuck in the key in position, all i had to do was stick my fingers in there and prize it back out. Now put a little WD40 in there and its working just fine.

Just thought i would update just in case anyone ever comes across this issue.

Thanks
James

Glad you got it sorted but the WD40 will make it worse over time, as the dust sticks to the WD40 and forms a paste, this binds things up again,
AC90 is idea for this type of thing.

Cheers mate, only used a tiny bit of the WD40 to get things moving and then just wiped any left over out of the ignition lock. will have to get some of that AC90 to do it properly :grinning: so glad its all ok and i dont have to fork out ridiculous amounts of money getting a new ignition lock fitted!

Cheers
James