Reset 'Service' (and Spanner) light

deloolney

Reaction score
Hi,

How do I reset my service light to remove the 'Service' (and Spanner) light in the speedo?

I took my A3 for a full service in July at Audi Victoria, before the light came on, it's now come on and in the mean time I have moved 100+ miles from the service centre. Audi have said to move the 'Service' light (and spanner symbol) from the dials, I need to go to just that service centre (apparently it can't be reset when it's not on).

So I've been looking around and have found quit a few possible ways to reset this (tried about 6 ways), but none work.

Model:
'62 A3 S-Line Quattro Sportback Black Edition TDi 2.0 (8P)

Anyone got a definitive solution to my issue, please? Or do I really have to traipse 4 hours for a light to be fiddled with!?

Many Thanks,

Anyone with VCDS can do it within minutes mate.

Reactions: deloolney
Hi,

How do I reset my service light to remove the 'Service' (and Spanner) light in the speedo?

I took my A3 for a full service in July at Audi Victoria, before the light came on, it's now come on and in the mean time I have moved 100+ miles from the service centre. Audi have said to move the 'Service' light (and spanner symbol) from the dials, I need to go to just that service centre (apparently it can't be reset when it's not on).

So I've been looking around and have found quit a few possible ways to reset this (tried about 6 ways), but none work.

Model:
'62 A3 S-Line Quattro Sportback Black Edition TDi 2.0 (8P)

Anyone got a definitive solution to my issue, please? Or do I really have to traipse 4 hours for a light to be fiddled with!?

Many Thanks,
Im interested in the answer too but really just wanted to show my admiration in the correct spelling and use of the word "Traipse" :)

Reactions: deloolney
Surely your local service centre can reset this for you?

Surely your local service centre can reset this for you?
You'd think so, wouldn't you!?! They won't. They said it has to be a particular garage in that group. So I called Victoria Audi and asked for the closest garage to me, in their group and they said, na, has to be them. Pfft.

I can reset mine on a facelift by switchng on ignition and pulling the tripmeeter button for afew seconds. Some facelifts can' t be done. Worth trying though.