Audi A1 1.4 TFSI COD

TipToe

Reaction score
Morning All,

I currently drive an Audi A6 BiTdi and we are looking to acquire an Audi A1 Black Edition 1.4 S tronic 150 COD.

After reading numerous posts we arranged a test drive yesterday for the Audi A1 and Audi A3 with the same engine.

My impressions so far have been misguided, regarding "Super-mini" segment!

Road noise, comfort was the biggest surprised on the A1 with my preconceived view that it would be noisy and harsh on the 18 inch wheels but I was wrong.

We then took the Audi A3 out for a drive and this had Virtual Cockpit and a few other goodies, the end result was different, strangely the road noise was slightly higher and I did not find the seats as comfortable. The retractable screen looked really poor quality or the brightness was set to minimum.

The salesman did confirm that the A3 was also running 18 inch wheels but it sounded like the noise you get from runflats on BMW.

To be honest, this little car has truly taken me by surprise and left with no doubt that the A1 was the car for me.

I am interested in the "Real World" fuel economy of this car and would appreciate any feedback on this subject.

Any other feedback or alternative cars I should look at then then me know before I take the plunge.

Kind Regards
Shaun

Hi

I have had a 2016 BE s-tronic since May and the car is brilliant. Average mpg is 42, and this is based on mixed driving, so short journey to town and a few longer trips. On my journey to Cornwall - 350 miles and mainly motorway - the average was to 46.5 and I wasn't in the inside lane that often! Lowest was 40 mpg after a week of short trips.

The A1 BE cars are GREAT. We used to own one, albeit it was a diesel, but it was such a great car to drive and own. I would recommend one to anybody thinking about getting one. The COD engine does sound like the one to go for now.

The A1 BE cars are GREAT. We used to own one, albeit it was a diesel, but it was such a great car to drive and own. I would recommend one to anybody thinking about getting one. The COD engine does sound like the one to go for now.

Thanks we have place an order for the Audi a1 black edition 1.4 tfsi with a few bits, we did select the advance key which appears to be a rare option but like keyless entry and start.

We are looking forward to it.

Shaun

Hi

I have had a 2016 BE s-tronic since May and the car is brilliant. Average mpg is 42, and this is based on mixed driving, so short journey to town and a few longer trips. On my journey to Cornwall - 350 miles and mainly motorway - the average was to 46.5 and I wasn't in the inside lane that often! Lowest was 40 mpg after a week of short trips.

Thanks for the info and good to know you are enjoying it, ours should be with us in march.

Shaun