Just purchased an A3, questions about Lane assist

totalfixation

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased an A3, E-tron Prestige to be exact but I was thinking this questions pertains to the entire A3 series in general.

In regards to the Active Lane Assist, I though it would be more responsive compared to all the videos I've seen online.
My 2017 A3 E-tron is very slow to react to the lanes. It appears as if it's about to go out of the lane before it reacts. I prefer it just stays in the middle of the two lines. Is it possible to somehow change the response time in VAG-COM or VCDS?

Thanks ahead for any input you guys might have.

To be dead honest I dislike these nanny devices, as some people now rely on them in driving whilst texting etc. and the wandering movements that these cars make me wonder if the vehicle is going to enter my lane and is the driver intoxicated, not aware of their surroundings, or just an incompetent driver.
I can not understand why we can not just put our full attention to the task at hand ...driving the car!
Rather than depending on a camera and software algorithms based on lane markings that may not be accurate or temporary.

Reactions: Brasso
Reason why I got this is because my feet started to get numb on long drives and I have a bad shoulder. There are many more reasons why we need this technology, so I don't except to fault people for wanting something I might not agree with.

I don't have this on my Audi but had it on my previous MQB car a Mk3 Seat Leon. As long as the land markings were clear it worked very well but there was some leeway as I remember otherwise it would be making adjustments all it the time. Also if I remember correctly after 3 occurrences of it turning the wheel if it didn't have any steering input from the driver it would deactivate itself.

Think it's more of a warning of your falling asleep and about to drift into another lane rather than an autonomous driving aid.

Reactions: glospete
Hey Everyone,

I just purchased an A3, E-tron Prestige to be exact but I was thinking this questions pertains to the entire A3 series in general.

In regards to the Active Lane Assist, I though it would be more responsive compared to all the videos I've seen online.
My 2017 A3 E-tron is very slow to react to the lanes. It appears as if it's about to go out of the lane before it reacts. I prefer it just stays in the middle of the two lines. Is it possible to somehow change the response time in VAG-COM or VCDS?

Thanks ahead for any input you guys might have.

The active labe assist can be adjusted in the MMI to either activate late or early. Early being the adjustment setting you are looking for to keep car in the middle of the lane.

I use this on long journeys and find it a pleasant reassurance. Just remember to indicate to change lanes otherwise the car will fight you.

Enjoy
Jungle

Reactions: Rob2k68