oilburning newbie

fergusd

Reaction score
Gents, Gentesses,

After 200,000 miles in my Audi 100, 2.3 Auto, petrol it's time to move to oil power, tomorrow I should conclude a deal on a 2002, A6 2.5 TDI 155, looking forwards to a new(ish) car . . .

I've kept the old '100 running without garage support for 8 years without too much trouble . . . so have no real fear of mechanics . . . but a manual is important . . . is there a good manual for the 2.5 engine, and the car in general - haynes any good on this year ?

I see there are a few common issues, which I'll look at on my car, but plan to run it for 10 years . . . like the last one . . .

TIA

Fd

To the best of my knowledge Haynes don't do a Manuel!

I also had a 100tdi previously for 8 years-Fantastic car!! got a V6 tdi on the strength of it and must admit I was a little disappointed mechanically wise!!!!!!!

I think that a lot of this was due to lack of maintenance by the previous owner resulting in more problems in the first 12 months than the last 8 years with the 100.Mine was also one of the first (1998).

Points to watch:Make sure engine crankcase breather has been changed otherwise block pressure build up,lot's of smoke and blown oil seals!!!Maf sensor,EGR valve blocking open (Now that is embarrassing,talk about smoke),electric windows,ignition switch, and of cause the famous air bag warning light!!!!!

And after all that still a fantastic car-Happy motoring!!!

Jason

Hey, thanks for the reply . . .

Crank breather filter is something I'm interested in checking . . . I guess when I get the car (this week) I'll have all the covers off and have a good look . . . any online resources ?

Cheers

Fd