Airtec intercooler

Asif Shamsudeen

Reaction score
i own a Audi s3 saloon 2015 pre facelift. My cars going into airtec next week as they want to develop an intercooler for the s3 8v. They currently have a rs3 there for development. Will keep everyone updated on how it goes and how much the intercooler will roughly cost.

Reactions: rcnacura, Rob2k68 and pburv
i own a Audi s3 saloon 2015 pre facelift. My cars going into airtec next week as they want to develop an intercooler for the s3 8v. They currently have a rs3 there for development. Will keep everyone updated on how it goes and how much the intercooler will roughly cost.
I'm sure @Rob2k68 will follow this closely...:salute:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Yeah will be interesting to see what they come up with - already a busy market with I/Cs already available from Forge, Wagner Tuning, APR and Revo.

Reactions: pburv
Yeah will be interesting to see what they come up with - already a busy market with I/Cs already available from Forge, Wagner Tuning, APR and Revo.
You going down this route surely? Or have you already done it?:friends:

You going down this route surely? Or have you already done it?:friends:

Already done mate, had the direct fit Revo Intercooler fitted a couple of months ago ...

IMG 1741

Reactions: rcnacura and pburv
Anyone know what core each company uses for their intercooler?

How was the upgrade? any info on the benefits that you felt?

Hey Rob,
Did u felt any difference after getting Revo intercooler? i got it fitted last month and i can tell the better response or maybe its placebo effect.

Had mine fitted when ambient temps were around 9 degrees so the effects were minimal to be honest other than improved throttle response - as I understand it it's very environment dependant but the basic law of physics (chemistry?) applies the cooler the air the more oxygen it carries the more fuel it can burn and the more power !! Should prevent the ECU throttling back power due to high temps so if you do any dyno runs you'll get more consistency.

Reactions: Salik Sajid, pburv and MikeParkin
Had mine fitted when ambient temps were around 9 degrees so the effects were minimal to be honest other than improved throttle response - as I understand it it's very environment dependant but the basic law of physics (chemistry?) applies the cooler the air the more oxygen it carries the more fuel it can burn and the more power !! Should prevent the ECU throttling back power due to high temps so if you do any dyno runs you'll get more consistency.

Will be dyno'ing again in couple of week, here the temp get really warm/hot in summer around 30-35c. Just waiting for cts turbo elbow pipe and gfb+ before dyno.

Reactions: MikeParkin and Rob2k68
Will be dyno'ing again in couple of week, here the temp get really warm/hot in summer around 30-35c. Just waiting for cts turbo elbow pipe and gfb+ before dyno.

Jammy so and so -4.5 this morning going to work LoL . Where in the world are you ??

I have both of those on my car - they work really well :friends:

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Salik Sajid and MikeParkin
Has anyone tested the Airtec IC yet??

It is by far the cheapest I have found in Europe.

Just wonder if it requres trimming?
And what about the efficiency and quality?

Is it worth saving money compared to Wagner, IE and other highly ranked brands?

Reactions: deanshaw24
Hey there, my cars just come back from development from airtec. It's a straight fit and a really good intercooler. My car bhp went from 314 to 329 by just adding the intercooler.

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3 Turbo and Salik Sajid
Hey there, my cars just come back from development from airtec. It's a straight fit and a really good intercooler. My car bhp went from 314 to 329 by just adding the intercooler.

Nice!
Tempting alternative at the right price.

Do you have any graphs? :)

Is it cheaper than Revo and Forge intercooler?

Sent from my HTC 10

Here is a dyno graph... my car done a before and after run.

Attachments

• IMG_7339.PNG
    IMG_7339.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Reactions: S3 Turbo and Salik Sajid
Hi Asif, what map do you have? Or was this with factory firmware?

This is with factory firmware. Its going to go for a stage 2 remap. The car has a full armytrix exhaust with a sports cat, vwr600 induction kit and the airtec intercooler.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Salik Sajid and batch