2.0 TFSI only boosting to 8PSI?

Rackers

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a Special edition (BUL) 2.0TFSI B7 Avant.

When I bought the car it was clear the diverter valve needed replacing so I changed it to the newest revision and the turbo seemed to be boosting fine. Recently though I've felt that the car just isn't giving me all its got. I decided to do a bit of logging and according to Torque (not sure how accurate it is but its the closest I can get for now) it only seems to be peaking at 8 PSI on the boost guage.

Can anybody think of any reason why I wouldn't be hitting peak boost? Last VCDS scan showed no issues and the car behaves perfectly otherwise!

Thanks

Wastegate?
Diverter Valve (again)?
Boost leak (split/loose hose)?

Can you hear any wooshing noises around 2k? A couple of the boost leaks I've had, you could actually hear when the turdbo spooled.

Thanks. I'll check the waste gate as that seems to be a common one and make sure everything is done up tight. Hoping one of those will sort it!

Reactions: Baka
Seems like it was the PCV valve, my car already had the newest revision (R) but upon removal it was full of dried up crusty oil which obviously had the valve stuck open. Took it out after and it peaked at around 14PSI before trailing off as expected.