drivers side reverse light not working

charlietdi95

Reaction score
i have an audi a3 8p 55 plate, with my09 lights and for some reason the drivers side reverse light will not work and it keeps giving me a warning on the trip computer.

i have changed the bulb.

are they fused ?

The same fuse would supply other electrical parts in the car so unlikely to be that. Clean up the bulb holder contacts, check the pins in the socket, swap the bulb with the other side as it is a known working bulb, always a chance the new one is duff. If none of that cures it then a meter is needed to trace back 12v through the wiring.

Check the harness connector (which converts from old lights to new ones)

Did it originally work (correctly vagcom coded)

Maybe something completely different but I had exactly the same fault on my old 55 plate a3, (swapped bulb, checked fuses etc), then someone told me to disconnect the battery for 15 minster, did this and hey presto, it worked, might be worth a try.

its a 3 door mate i don't think they require a converter
and yeah it worked originally. its not worked for a while but didn't bother me in the summer time but now the dark nights are creeping in i kind of need them. :help::help:

The same fuse would supply other electrical parts in the car so unlikely to be that. Clean up the bulb holder contacts, check the pins in the socket, swap the bulb with the other side as it is a known working bulb, always a chance the new one is duff. If none of that cures it then a meter is needed to trace back 12v through the wiring.

I've swapped both bulbs over, still no joy gonna give it more of a looking into at weekend when I'm not at work and i have some day lights to spare.

the 3 door only has one reverse light doesn't it?? what exactly is the warning are you getting on the dash?

It maybe a side light the bulb warning is referring to, as they are used as parking lights when the car is parked up with the indicator stalk switched to one side or other.