Facelift Drivers Side Door Noise

ChivsBang

Reaction score
2,000 miles FL S3. Not sure if there is a thread concerning new car issues, but my new S3 3 door has a really annoying noise coming from what sounds like the drivers door. whenever you go over slightly bumpy ground the noise appears.

It is where the car chassis is flexing (almost sure this would happen with a 4 door) but when it hits a bump it sounds like the window is loose or something is moving?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Im contacting the dealer next week and get it checked, but I'm pretty sure as soon as a technician take sit out it will disappear!

Reactions: Gordo77 and StevenC95
I've got rattles coming from both B Pillars, both sides.. same kind of plastic rattle. Door card rattles are common in these I think, really annoying.

The technician drove mine, for 20 miles, I heard it but he couldn't.

Same here in a 2015 A3, noise when driving over slightly rougher roads on the drivers side. Be careful of the door speaker cover in the middle of the door... they are very thin and don't appreciate a "gentle tap" when trying to stop the rattle!! :tonguewink::tonguewink:

Reactions: AudiNutta and ChivsBang
I get the same problem with my PRE FL, drivers side window sounds as if it's loose and shaking/ juddering whenever I go over a bump in the road.

Car was previously into Audi back in June I think it was with the same problem and it's came back again, at the time I was told it's a common fault whenever the window is wet and it's to do with a loose window seal which also lets in water, had the car window resealed if I remember correctly and sure the man at audi said they relubricated it?

Car is booked back into Glasgow Audi on the 30th for a software update and this same problem again with the window, aswell as paint flaking off my rear diffuser.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this on here though bud, I'll keep you updated once my car goes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChivsBang
I get the same problem with my PRE FL, drivers side window sounds as if it's loose and shaking/ juddering whenever I go over a bump in the road.

Car was previously into Audi back in June I think it was with the same problem and it's came back again, at the time I was told it's a common fault whenever the window is wet and it's to do with a loose window seal which also lets in water, had the car window resealed if I remember correctly and sure the man at audi said they relubricated it?

Car is booked back into Glasgow Audi on the 30th for a software update and this same problem again with the window, aswell as paint flaking off my rear diffuser.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this on here though bud, I'll keep you updated once my car goes in

Thanks guys... not just me then! and even the wife can't hear it!!

Mine had a severe rattle from under the steering wheel. I put it in to get fixed and they apparently did something but they didn't fix the rattle. I fixed it myself by stuffing a sponge in the gap. Now I have a rattle coming from the same area as you. It's right next to my right ear and I assume it is the driver door/B -pillar join somewhere...

Mine had a severe rattle from under the steering wheel. I put it in to get fixed and they apparently did something but they didn't fix the rattle. I fixed it myself by stuffing a sponge in the gap. Now I have a rattle coming from the same area as you. It's right next to my right ear and I assume it is the driver door/B -pillar join somewhere...

Steven mentioned it only happening in the wet which might be the same as mine but will keep an eye on it.. I'm sure it's just a 3 door thing...

You'd like to think over 30 grand you would get these issues

Reactions: Gordo77
Mine seems to be worse in the cold. And yes, you would think at this price, you wouldn't have these issues although in my case it was much closer to 40 grand!

Reactions: Gordo77 and ChivsBang
Mine seems to be worse in the cold. And yes, you would think at this price, you wouldn't have these issues although in my case it was much closer to 40 grand!

Is it maybe coming from the door seals or where the window meets the door frame? Temperature has dropped sharply here in last 24 hours, so could be affected by temperature.

Is it maybe coming from the door seals or where the window meets the door frame? Temperature has dropped sharply here in last 24 hours, so could be affected by temperature.

Started a few weeks ago when it was still mild Gordo

Reactions: Gordo77
Try the catch for the rear seat, mine had an annoying rattle what sounded like the pillar, tried a quick fix. Pull the seat back forward and on the ring that it latches into wrap some insulating tape around it then pish the seat back in place.

Fixed my rattle not sure if it will work for everyone, mine did sound like it was coming from the door card until I tried this, I was a day away from taking it to Audi for investigation

Gummi Plefge will solve your problem... seals get noisy just when washing the car or on cold weather.

Reactions: KenL and Gordo77
I've narrowed the B pillar rattle down to the seat belt height adjuster.

It seems to stop the rattle of you simply push it down. Clearly lose fitting and rides up over the odd bump in the road.

Have found that helps / stops it on my car.

Try the catch for the rear seat, mine had an annoying rattle what sounded like the pillar, tried a quick fix. Pull the seat back forward and on the ring that it latches into wrap some insulating tape around it then pish the seat back in place.

Fixed my rattle not sure if it will work for everyone, mine did sound like it was coming from the door card until I tried this, I was a day away from taking it to Audi for investigation

Thanks Steve will check it out

Reactions: AudiNutta
I've got a very irritating noise from the drivers door area, not a rattle but more of a "knocking", happens when driving over rough roads and whenever I brake. Anyone else had this?

I've narrowed the B pillar rattle down to the seat belt height adjuster.

It seems to stop the rattle of you simply push it down. Clearly lose fitting and rides up over the odd bump in the road.

Have found that helps / stops it on my car.

Mine is in the same place. If I wriggle that part, I can hear the same kind of plastic rattle.

I have tried moving the adjuster but can't get rid of it, it's driving me insane.