3 zone rear heater/aircon

Munkypilot

Reaction score
Anybody had any issues with rear vent centre console vent constantly blowing (very) hot? Several times especially on longer drives have noticed hot air from rear centre console vent. Set temp to low and air is roasting. Vent/controls get hot to the touch. Have to turn it to max, which then stops the said flow.....
Am guessing there is some flap or something which isnt operating correctly, or dodgy sensor, but not sure where to look. Seems that the cold air from air con isn't flowing and hot air coming directly from heater unit.

Next time, rear air con seems to work fine.... another of the increasing number of niggles...

Last edited:
Not had that issue but you seem to be on the right track. Perhaps a debris stuck too. Did you take it apart?

Heater system faults like this are usually a flap or motor issue, needs to go on vcds or the like that can test each flap, motor & do a reset that basically moves all to their min, max movement points, that will either fix it or help diagnose.

Reactions: Munkypilot
Heater system faults like this are usually a flap or motor issue, needs to go on vcds or the like that can test each flap, motor & do a reset that basically moves all to their min, max movement points, that will either fix it or help diagnose.
Thanks for that. May pop it into my local garage see if they can find anything.

Oddly enough I haven’t had the heat/different temperature issue, however - my rear vents seem to NEVER blow regardless of what setting I have the AC on!

Hot/cold, AC on/off, Auto climate or manual - nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddly enough I haven’t had the heat/different temperature issue, however - my rear vents seem to NEVER blow regardless of what setting I have the AC on!

Hot/cold, AC on/off, Auto climate or manual - nothing.

There is a thread on here which I can’t find that explains why the rear vents sometimes don’t blow. I’m sure it’s a summer/winter thing. If my memory serves me right, the rear vents don’t blow in cold temperatures because warm air comes from vents under the front seats.

Interesting - good to know, thanks!