3.0tdi 272 intercooler upgrade and cat put back in?

Shock_Xe

Reaction score
I'm a recent owner of a 2017 b9 272 3.0 tdi in daytoma Grey and black pack. Already has an extensive mod list. Some previous owner and some me

Full turbo back straight through ss exhaust
Dpf and egr delete and remap
Bmc cone filter (in airbox)
Darkside turbo inlet pipe
Strut front bar
Front splitter
Rear highline lights
Forge transmission mount

It's been fun again playing with cars and wanna keep the mods rolling as I love scouring ebay. What are your thoughts on:

Replacing stock intercooler for a bigger audi intercooler I.e
Bitdi variant

And adding a 200cel race cat ( the noise is a little too much on the harsh side) and I've read that some back pressure is beneficial?

Thanks

Mike

So I've taken the jump and orderd an intercooler for a s4 b9 tdi core is taller so should get a performance bump

Also.looking at a race dpf and race cat. Think this may be the best compromise

So I've taken the jump and orderd an intercooler for a s4 b9 tdi core is taller so should get a performance bump

Also.looking at a race dpf and race cat. Think this may be the best compromise
Hey,

Thanks for all the info! Can I ask how the car sounds now? And how does this effect your MOT?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hey,

Thanks for all the info! Can I ask how the car sounds now? And how does this effect your MOT?

Cheers!

The car sounds like a v8 and pulls like a train. Not had the car mot yet as it's due Feb 2022. Info about this topic is readily available across forum etc

The car sounds like a v8 and pulls like a train. Not had the car mot yet as it's due Feb 2022. Info about this topic is readily available across forum etc
I'll be honest and say I've searched high and low for information surrounding this for the 3.0 272 and found next to nothing... this is the first helpful post I've found.

Could you give us a video by chance?

BTW... I'm fully accepting I may have to fiddle with it to get it through an MOT. However a turbo back sounds quite nice for the rest of the year

Originally it's was a full turbo back 3" straight through system. Sounded amazing but was too much. I've since changed the rear to dual RS4/rs5 OEM sport backboxes and now spot on noise wise