3.0 v6 tdi power loss problem

christoph

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 3.0 tdi which has a slight problem, the car drives ok 99% of the time, the problem
is possibly power loss due to engine but im suspecting the fault is more likely a esp or abs sensor fault. I can drive the car fine and im noticing it's normally round a corner or round about I will loose the throttle until I remove my foot and put it down again, I have no fault codes and car never cuts out, but I can recreate the problem I think by pressing the brake pedal and accelerator whilst driving, the engine cuts out to protect itself and the brakes which feels almost same as the problem. But I don't particularly want to start just guessing and changing parts and sensors, im hoping someone knows and can help me. Thanks Chris

Have you recently had the car tracked or had the steering wheel off. Sounds like the ESP is cutting in for some reason it thinks the car is out of control. if the steering angle sensor is out of alignment this can cause issues. As can having different size tyres, wheels front and rear. Try turning off the ESP and see if it still does it.

Karl.

Hi, thanks for reply. I had previously tried turning esp off to check but the fault still occurs, I did wonder if the esp is ever fully off or does the car just tone it down, to keep you safe if you still push the limit. I've only recently bought the car so not sure about if tracking has been recently done although does track pretty straight. I bought the car with the fault. So can't pinpoint when the fault started. I have had the wheel off to retrofit DIS and thought maybe that has caused the problem to occur more as it does seem more frequently now