3.0 Quattro MPG

bigalk

Reaction score
Hi all,

My first post here so be gentle with me. I bought a 3.0 A4 Quattro about a month ago and got my first chance to give it a good run from Middlesbrough to Gloucester and back this weekend. It's approx a 470 mile round trip. The first trip I used £75 of super unleaded (Tesco 99 octane) travelling around 80-85mph. The second trip I used around £87 but keeping above 90mph most of the way (Sunday night) with the odd 100mph+ 'test' :rockwoot: . Roughly this equates to around 25mpg on the first run and 22mpg on the second. I'm not complaining about the mpg just curious if people are getting the same kind of numbers.
The car is totally standard......so far.......PES G3 coming in the summer!

Cheers

Al

Id say thats about right there mate.

Nice motor by the way.Love that colour.

Any bigger pics??

Cheers mate......I'm still in the looking out the window every 5 mins and driving to the postbox on the corner stage!

I love the colour too but the red is great too......never seen many when I was looking.

Whats your plans for her??

....once you catch the bug, It wont leave you alone.:w00t:

sounds ok to me, mines a 2.8 30v quattro and i get about 25 - 30 mpg cruising at 70mph and about 20 mpg cruising at 100mph acording to the trip computer. in normal use i get 250 - 300 miles a tank (£50)

bigalk said:
The car is totally standard......so far.......PES G3 coming in the summer!

Have you had a quote for the G3 yet? Just wondering as I'm tempted to get a 3.0 and add a G3.

Pete

320 Bhp or there abouts!! hmmm, sounds very good.

How much do they set you back??

Sounds about right to me too - I'm getting similar, approx 25mpg.

I must admit I thought I would see significantly better economy with the V6 vs. my old 1991 S2 given the much more modern design, lower power etc, but alas it's not really true!

I'm planning an MRC re-map which could improve it a weeny bit, but we'll see.

I think the G3 would set you back about £3k absolute minimum. But apparently with an exhaust, de-cat, chip and intake they can make about 340-350bhp.......S4 power in a sleeper(ish) car!

http://www.pes-tuning.com/ It's $5300 which is about £2700 but they often do group buys and deals on Ebay.

Once I know the car is running 100% in standard form then I'll change the timing belt and get the kit ordered hopefully by the summer.

bigalk said:
I think the G3 would set you back about £3k absolute minimum. But apparently with an exhaust, de-cat, chip and intake they can make about 340-350bhp.......S4 power in a sleeper(ish) car!

http://www.pes-tuning.com/ It's $5300 which is about £2700 but they often do group buys and deals on Ebay.

Once I know the car is running 100% in standard form then I'll change the timing belt and get the kit ordered hopefully by the summer.

You will most defo have to keep us posted on this then mate, sounds like it could be a beast!!:yes:

bigalk said:

Do they ship to the UK from the US? I only ask as they have a UK importer so I presume they wont want to upset them by selling direct.