Collected last week.....

holly35

Reaction score
Picked up my new A4 last sunday.Happy to note paintwork etc in excellent condition with careful prep work.However on washing the car a week later noticed the drivers side wheel arch stone guard absent.Went to check my hand over pics ,and sure enough on zooming in ,noticed it missing.
Apologies all round from dealer and a quick visit later this week to fit it and a free top up of fuel for the trouble.Somehow missed from the factory side....
loving the car ,its a massive,massive step forward compared with previous models,and it rides better and is isolated from the road better than my A3 SE was,which was a surprise ( although fair to say its suspension is much more advanced compared with the torson bar rear suspension from the A3.)
The colour is superb,anyone who has Floret silver will know what i mean and the whole car looks really modern and super sleek.
One tiny upgrade ive done is to order a aluminium 12v socket cover for the rear to match the front one,such a little addition that has made a big improvement,in fact of the options i chose ,some of the lowest cost options have had the biggest impact ie the extended colour led interior lighting and the high beam assist.
I had the led lighting pack on the A3 however its single bright white led colour always made the interior a cold looking place even when dimmed.The beautiful warm reds/oranges and purple colours of the A4s system really warm up and make the interior a inviting and cozey place to be.
Ive always had a deep appreciation of the A4 ,its a beautiful balanced classic sports saloon shape which is timless in its styling.It will stand the test of time much better than some of its rivals....
I would give this petrol version a high recommendation to anyone considering it......ive seen 44mpg average and thats straight off the showroon floor.I honestly dont think its going to differ much from my A3 1.2 on fuel ,which is remarkable.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty76, Jcbmally, Snoop and 1 other person
I'd love to know how to get 44 mpg average out of my Avant! The long term memory says 37 and that's more or less what I get when I calculate the consumption after each fill-up. How and when are you measuring it?

Reactions: Jcbmally
Picked up my new A4 last sunday.Happy to note paintwork etc in excellent condition with careful prep work.However on washing the car a week later noticed the drivers side wheel arch stone guard absent.Went to check my hand over pics ,and sure enough on zooming in ,noticed it missing.
Apologies all round from dealer and a quick visit later this week to fit it and a free top up of fuel for the trouble.Somehow missed from the factory side....
loving the car ,its a massive,massive step forward compared with previous models,and it rides better and is isolated from the road better than my A3 SE was,which was a surprise ( although fair to say its suspension is much more advanced compared with the torson bar rear suspension from the A3.)
The colour is superb,anyone who has Floret silver will know what i mean and the whole car looks really modern and super sleek.
One tiny upgrade ive done is to order a aluminium 12v socket cover for the rear to match the front one,such a little addition that has made a big improvement,in fact of the options i chose ,some of the lowest cost options have had the biggest impact ie the extended colour led interior lighting and the high beam assist.
I had the led lighting pack on the A3 however its single bright white led colour always made the interior a cold looking place even when dimmed.The beautiful warm reds/oranges and purple colours of the A4s system really warm up and make the interior a inviting and cozey place to be.
Ive always had a deep appreciation of the A4 ,its a beautiful balanced classic sports saloon shape which is timless in its styling.It will stand the test of time much better than some of its rivals....
I would give this petrol version a high recommendation to anyone considering it......ive seen 44mpg average and thats straight off the showroon floor.I honestly dont think its going to differ much from my A3 1.2 on fuel ,which is remarkable.
Great to hear your loving it fella, pick mine up on Friday 18th November.

Great to hear your loving it fella, pick mine up on Friday 18th November.
Look forward to your pics on Friday. Enjoy your collection. :)

Look forward to your pics on Friday. Enjoy your collection. :)
Thanks Sandra, really looking forward to it. I will try to get some posted after the weekend (damn shifts).

Thanks Sandra, really looking forward to it. I will try to get some posted after the weekend (damn shifts).
Will look forward to that then. Shame your shifts didn't work in your favour. :) x

Will look forward to that then. Shame your shifts didn't work in your favour. :) x
Haha, cant complain though. 12.5hr shifts (4 on 6 off). :superman:

Reactions: Sandra
Show us pics, show us pics.

Reactions: Sandra, Bristle Hound and Jcbmally
I'd love to know how to get 44 mpg average out of my Avant! The long term memory says 37 and that's more or less what I get when I calculate the consumption after each fill-up. How and when are you measuring it?
just been on a 100 mile round trip including city driving etc,showing 40.1 mpg average.
Currently 350 miles in.Should improve considerably as things settle in.

That's a good average, unfortunately mine, urban driving only, is stuck at 29mpg and I am known for gentle driving. My 1.4 A3 averaged over 40mpg on the same roads.,.

I think we need to organise a convoy drive somewhere. Those who claim low consumption figures will lead and the incredulous others will follow. At the end, we'll all compare notes over a fact-finding half pint and see whether we have achieved similar consumption figures. If our figures diverge significantly, we can try and draw some conclusions. Any suggestions for a route?

I have yet to drive my car on anything other than urban, I will get the chance for a long journey on 'A' roads and motorways in december. Then I think I will get more accurate mpg. At the moment all I do is just compare it to any other car I have driven over the same commute...

Well I managed over, as indicated by the DIS, 40mpg on my urban route from the fuel station to one of my work places. If I hadn't had to go up Castle Hill then it would have been more. No fun driving it like that though...

I've done 500 miles in mine since collection and I've not pushed it at all (to let the engine settle in) and mine is averaging 29-30MPG (mix of urban and motorway). Hope it improves...but not holding my breath.

I've done 500 miles in mine since collection and I've not pushed it at all (to let the engine settle in) and mine is averaging 29-30MPG (mix of urban and motorway). Hope it improves...but not holding my breath.
It will improve, mate. It has to. That is very low.

That's more or less what I get in a short, 5 miles, journey to work mostly through stop/start urban but one short 60mph 'A' road...

I'm in the same boat as @cuke2u alot of short less than 5 miles commute to work and back and I'm currently averaging 32.9 (calculated below).

I've run a few Stoke to Cambridge runs (150 miles 1 way) and the short trip computer has given me high 40's low 50's which has bumped my average abit. Again i'm only 1400 miles in so maybe it will improve, but I won't hold my breath. I brought the petrol for the fun and refinement not the MPG! :blackrs4:

@holly35 I hope your enjoying the car! Looking forward to getting some pictures up/

Reactions: cuke2u
Yeah it is a lovely engine and I personally preferred it over the equivalent diesel. So the MPG is just a minor thing really; would be nice if it improved but by no means a deal-breaker.