rattle from the back boot / seat area

khalil

Reaction score
hi can someone help got a really annoying noise coming from the back seat on the left area, it goes away when i drop the seat forward so its coming from the seat, does anyone know what it can be many thanks

We really shouldn't have to do this on 20k+ cars but...

...try slightly adjusting the head rest height.

Might be obvious, but have you made sure you're slamming the seat home so it locks properly in the upright position?

I was being driven mad by an occaisional squeak coming from the rear. It would come and go, sometimes disappearing for weeks then coming back. Hunted for the problem for ages, took it into the dealer who tried to find a problem with the suspension.

In the end turns out it was the rear seat; sometimes, when I'd had the seats down (I regularly put a bike in the back) it hadn't clicked back home properly and would make this high-pitched squeak. Now I know to push it back firmly!

If you can work out where the squeak is coming from, try spraying some silicone lubricant on it. Normal oil can do funny things to plastic.

i tried slamming the seat back its not that, i think it might be something to do with the seat cloth rubbing against the plastic

khalil said:
hi can someone help got a really annoying noise coming from the back seat on the left area,

You dont have a mother-in-law in the back do you? :gun2: