A3 2010, not able to disable ESP/ASR

OleNorway

Reaction score
Hi!

Im currently looking at buying a 2010 A3 1.8 TFSI Quattro. I was very dissapointed when i found out that you cant disable the ESP/ASR fully... I tried holding the button down but then it just turns back on after a while. Pushing it simply turns Traction Control off but the car still brakes each individual wheel when trying to have fun on snow and just destroyes the fun.. SO is there any way off turning it off? Change something in VCDS? Pull a fuse, maybe the ABS fuse? Maybe change the ESP unit it self? What i found weird is that a 2005 8P 2.0TFSI Quattro i drove you where able to diable everthing..

Thanks!

Maybe you have to press the button multiple times or press and hold. Haven't tried it on mine sono idea. the owners manual, may explain it

Maybe you have to press the button multiple times or press and hold. Haven't tried it on mine sono idea. the owners manual, may explain it

Ended up buying a 2009 instead and was told by my local dealer that there is a change in ESP module/conding around 2010. So buying that 2009 was the perfect thing for me since you are able to turn everything off :haha:

Reactions: S. and Sherv
There was a change after 2009. same is with golf r, and probably other models too.