Head unit upgrade.

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
So In my Audi s3 8l, I upgraded from the factory head unit to a pioneer car play system. As nice as it was there were a couple of things which annoyed me about it. My number one gripe was the fact that I had to buy all kinds of adapters and ground loop iscolators to make it compatible with the Bose system. Even with all the bits there was still a faint whining noise in the background. It drive me round the bend.

So when I got my s3 8p it came with the symphony system. I decided to upgrade but said I would keep it oem so I bought and rns-e due to the Bose system compatibility.

Truth be told I think the rns-e is that great at all. I need something better.

I liked the pioneer CarPlay but I didn't like the fact that you had to plug your phone in to get maps.

I'm looking for a head unit with sat nav (via satellite, not gsm) and iPod connectivity primarily. I'm also looking for advice from anyone who has fitted an aftermarket head unit to their 8p with Bose. Is there a kit/adapter that perfectly integrates with Bose system so that there are no ground noises/ buzzs etc

Thanks

Dynavin does what you ask, You only need the supplied loom so no extras to buy. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-N...978398?hash=item41835ff5de:g:1UQAAOSw91NTtUyO (This is the official importer/agent for Dynavin and is contactable by phone)
No hums, buzzes etc. Takes about an hour to fit, just the glovebox and old headunit to remove. Some people on here don't like the igo sat nav mapping but I'm very happy with it.