Facelift hazard switch in prefacelift

Matta3sline

Reaction score
Hi guys currently in the process of doing the single to double din conversion on my 2006 a3. When purchasing parts i decided to get the facelift hazard cluster inc esp ect . Wen i came to fit i noticed connections on the back for passenger airbag and esp are different is there any way of adapting so they still work as i would still like to keep the facelift buttons as look loads better and im sure others have done this

Thanks

You're going to need factory wiring diagrams to compare the two switches and if they even use the same number of wires etc.

Need new connectors & repin to these, so yes it can be done.

What year car are the switchs from ive put 10 plate hazard esp airbag light and card tray in my 06 it was straight fit? Wire pluged straight in

Ifyour facelift buttons are individual buttons & with tray, that's classed as 09, it changed to a single strip in 10 & then added the alum trim to top as well as existing on the bottom in 11 iirc.

Reasoning is the tray used to catch the wiring & stop the radios pushing back properly, also the alignment on the individual facelift buttons was terrible, only resolved with a single long fixed strip.

My car is 06 plate and the new buttons do have aluminium surround and one red plug connection and the hazard connections whereas my car has 3 different coloured plugs. That sound like a job for a professional lol sounds expensive

Depends what you call expensive lol, but as with everything time is money.

Yes mine are individual with a silver strip at the bottom off surround

Thinking about doing this mod on my 2008 S3, can anyone confirm if the 2009 strip with individual buttons is a straight fit?

Would like to do this mod as well from an 08 with tray to a 11 without tray and top bottom aluminium strips.

What wire/mods do I need to retrofit this, or is it plug and play? I have a double din setup.

Thanks

Depends but by sounds of it you need the 10 pin red connector from Audi & repin existing wires.

Reactions: GTz