268/272 confusion

W

Wifeb4Life

Hi i'm having confusion researchng the 268/272 version, are they the same car? So 272ps vs 268bhp?

Ive seen its say theres a 272bhp aswell as 272ps and ive seen 0-60 times of 6.2, 5.8 & 5.5secs depending on where you look.

I'm trying to explore all my options with a new car, used i may go for the bitdi but if the 268/272 can actually do 5.5 secs then it may be an option but 6.2 is just not worth it for me and i know its not all about 0-60 times.

Cheers

Yup 272 is 268 bhp here is a which article with a calculator :

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/cars...ators-and-tools/power-converter-bhp-ps-and-kw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its just so confusing that car reviewers, autotrader etc just keep calling it different bhp's and ps' and ive seen other cars 0 - 60 times vary by about 0.2 seconds depending on the source but to vary by a second? Thats a wide margin and makes a difference.

Has anyone driven both car versions? How does the 268bhp drive and compare to the bitdi? If a nicely spec'd version in the right colour comes up at the right price i might concider it as an option aslong as it doesn't fell too slow.

I think you are you about the 272 bing the PS and making it 268bhp, but it looks like in 2014 somehow they didn't change the power or torque but it went from a 0-60 of 6.3 seconds (before 2014) to 5.5 seconds (2014 and onwards)?

Whats going on that made the 2014 onwards version much faster?

From what i have read the pre 2014 model (in the US) pushed out 240bhp and the new one 268bhp... the new version also has superior torque which would explain the hike in 0-60 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars like mine (11 plate) produced 242bhp / 369lbs ft torque. At some point the bhp remained the same but torque jumped to approx 430lbs ft

Then the FL got the 268bhp motor

:)

You not gonna go for the s6? Just priced the new black edition up in orange wheels for my dad £45,000 that's over £14000 off.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Hi Pez, I'm not sure yet ai like to do alot of miles comfortably, I'm still not sure about buying new as we've never done it before and we really like to physically own our cars for some time, buying new as far as i can see only works if you plan on swapping every 3 years with the same marquee, if I could pay more each month and have less of a lump payment I would concider it.

Also as much as I love your mod thread and the power increases I'm not power mad, never race or fling it around much i'm all about comfortable power and i have a tuning box already to switch over, which will either put the 268bhp version to 310bhp or the 310bhp version to 360bhp and I think either would be enough especially with between 750-800nm of torque to get them moving.

If i do want that bit more then i can swap the tuning box for a stage 1 but i'm moving from 160bhp cars now so I'm sure double that will be more than enough lol.