A3 3.2 Sportback DSG - Buying Advice.

Glow123

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Coming from the hothatch world. Looking into buying an A3 3.2 DSG - Never owned a DSG before . I've come across one that i should be going to see on monday.

2007, Sportback, 1 Lady Owner, 28k Miles, FSH.

However, seeing as i'm new to the DSG world, and reading through previous threads on here, i'm a bit concerned that the DSG oil has not been changed, should i be? Is it every 40k or so many years that it needs changing? Any sounds or symptoms i should i look out for?

Cheers.

Bought mine at 44k, had the DSG and Haldex oil changed in the first few months as it hadn't been done, I gather 40k is the recommended time to change but it won't hurt to do it when you get it

Don't think you should be concerned btw, hopefully you can test drive it so you should get a feel for it. If the gears sound like there whining then could be a potential issue but with only 28k I doubt it. The only other thing to do would be to get someone to scan it with VCDS to show up any errors which may have flagged up.

Good luck ;-)

Thanks for the reply mate. Will keep an ear out for any noises.

How do you rate the car it self on a day to day basis, performance, comfort etc.? Would fun and composed be a good summary of it?

Pulls well from any revs as no waiting for the turbo to kick in and so a very relaxing drive if you prefer.
Tunnels are best with the windows down so you can hear the delicious exhaust note!

Reactions: Glow123
Strongly agree with the above:iagree: comments, the noise is especially addictive. Car gives a smooth ride and is very comfortable, S-line spec is the one to go for in my opinion. I would say that I have Fun each time I jump in it for sure, the car is easy to drive at low and high speeds and acceleration is effortless.

S3 are obviously faster but it's not all about speed for me plus they are so much more expensive.

If you do get one and it has a standard exhaust and you want a bunch more noise then have the centre silencer removed, sounds sweet :angry:

If you've not driven the DSG / S-Tronic before then you'll be impressed I'm sure, also it blips the throttle on downshifts :sign yum:

Don't buy if your expecting good MPG however, I get around 20 when I'm booting it and 28 is about the max I've ever got !

DSG....I wouldn't go back to manual having now run mine for three years. 4WD is comforting when weather gets bad.

The first dsg is the most important one as there has been a revised oil filter to stop failures and its every 40k if not sooner. I would get it done every 4 years if not 40k, but that`s me.
One thing I will say about the 3.2 is that I have heard that there is a flat spot on some cars at between 2/3 revs and there is a ecu upgraded map.