Power steering fluid flush

Jeriho

Insane and i love it
Reaction score
Since i just did this and somebody was interested in how i thought ill write a little thread about it. It all started with a whine from the steering on full lock. Reading a bit on the net about it quickly gave me the idea not to just top the fluid up since i have no idea was it ever changed before. There was also some stories of it actually getting so bad that the oil was dense :). So i got myself two liters of the oil directly from AMAG (VAG in Switzerland) and did some reading on how to go about it.

Oil i used is Volkswagen G 004 000 M2 the nicely green stuff. Was warned that anything else will destroy the seals. So here we go:

First i slightly raised the car on the lift. Than i took a suction pump and sucked all that i could out of the reservoir. After that i took away the evap canister. With that out of the way i unbolted the reservoir and took of the pipe that goes to the pump. It goes from the reservoir to the front of the car. Oil got everywhere :). I than tilted the reservoir and made shore that the pipe is pointing straight up.

20161015 112934

20161015 112942

Used the suction pump to empty the reservoir. Than i just turned the steering wheel a few times. Emptied the reservoir again. Filled the pipe with fluid. Its important to keep filling up the pipe don't let the pump get dry. Repeated the turning of the steering wheel and filling the pipe till fresh fluid started filling the reservoir. Connected everything back. Filled the reservoir turned the steering wheel. Did this a few times till the lever in the reservoir didn't change anymore. Than i started the car and let it idle for a few seconds. Turned it off refilled and i think everybody got it by now.

Hope this helps someone and for the end here is a picture of what came out. Its suppose to be fluorescent green :)
20161015 113018

Reactions: newbster
Uf Gaz that i wouldn't know. It says G 004 000 M2 on the bottle and its made by Volkswagen. The guy at AMAG said it was the only thing to put in.

I like the marketing talk of it's the only thing !

Seems it's the later CHF 202 , I'm unsure of the differences between CHF 11S .

But both are compatible and mixable .

Both are Trademarks of Pentosin , so thats another alternative .

Here in UK we can get Comma MVCHF which covers both specs .

And even a Febi Bilstein product that covers Citroën and other makes .

There's always alternatives to these usually expensive snake oil genuine fluids..

:) dont know if we can compare directly but it was 18 CHF for a liter. That makes it round 15 GBP. How much does it cost in UK? Here there is probably no price diference. Or a tiny one defenetly not worth the risk.

It's all over the place , Granville , Mannol , Syntex , Castrol , Millers , Fuchs , Wynns , Carlube , Morris all do it , the Mannol is cheapest .

2016 10 25 080312

Reactions: newbster
nice, I think I might have ago at this as mine is still original oil
and thanks for the link gaz, good price
m

Actually it isn't as it's only 500 ml .

Comma MVCHF is £7.49 for 1L with a Halfords Trade Card and only £9.99 without.

61tBkCU13dL._SL1416_.jpg

Why is it a risk ?

Audi don't make the fluid , it's just a genuine lable and ££$$ it's suddenly retails for more .

Yes there is a guarantie atached. And with a tiny price diference ... My filosofy is im not rich enough to buy cheap :) Seriusly do you know the actual price diference up there?