Grrr

Vertigo1 said:
W00t! :arco:

Managed to get the armrest-mounted phone prep added to the car.

Unfortunately it was too late to factor it into the lease contract so I'll have to pay for it outright but they've confirmed it will be added to the spec.
£385 but at least I already had the RNS-E, MF wheel and armrest so I didn't need to add these.

Well happy :)

(Anyone know offhand how much they charge for the model-specific phone adapters which attach to the cradle? Not sure I want to know this right now as it'll no doubt be eye-watering)

Good job on getting it added, its worth it even if you did have to pay for it yourself.

I think they are just under £60 inc VAT although they are only available for really old phones.

Wish I could get rid of the mount of my dash:( without leaving a hole.

dandle said:
I think they are just under £60 inc VAT although they are only available for really old phones.
I've currently got a 6230i which, according to someone on navplus.us, is one of the few models which works fully with the kit, exposing all phone features to the car. This is great but if I can't get a bracket for it I'll be a bit miffed. Functionality is more important to me than having the bracket but it would be nice to have the phone tucked away in there charging whilst on the move.

When you say really old, how old do you mean? Are we talking a few years or a decade? The 6230i is the same form factor as its predecessor, the 6230, which has been around for a good 3 years or so now. What are the chances of a bracket that fits it being available? Is there a list somewhere of what brackets are available?
Wish I could get rid of the mount of my dash:( without leaving a hole.
The dash mount is the sole reason I didn't go for it to start with as I really really didn't want it there, with or without a phone attached. The armrest option was perfect which is why I persevered in getting it added.

They do do a cradle for the 6230i although the normal 6230 isnt supported witht he same cradle. If you look at the Audi accessories page the n go into mobile comms you can see all the cradles that they do.

Aftermarket Nemesis Phone Cradle
£57.58
Part Number : ZGB000060003N

Suitable for Nokia 6230i

dandle said:
They do do a cradle for the 6230i although the normal 6230 isnt supported witht he same cradle. If you look at the Audi accessories page the n go into mobile comms you can see all the cradles that they do.

£57.58

Suitable for Nokia 6230i
Fantastic! Even happier now :)

Would love to have a browse of the RNS-E manual to see how the integration works and what features are available - anyone know where I can download a copy of the manual from? I've got a PDF copy of the US RNS-E manual but the phone section is missing from it.

Someone please help, I'm a little confused. I want to get involved with some of this Bluetooth action! :rock:

I don’t have the MF Steering wheel.

But I do have RNS-E so I can answer calls right?

So I need to get the Bluetooth module and that’s it right? What about the microphone? Is the microphone that the Bose system uses the same microphone the telephone uses or do I need to get another one fitted?

Can I fit this Bluetooth module myself of is it a dealer fit job?

And finally what’s the wallet damage going to be?

You should just need the BT module (which apparently fits under the passenger seat) and a microphone. I'm pretty sure the microphone is a separate unit but where it actually goes I don't know.

I'd have a browse round www.navplus.us as there's loads of info over there (Multimedia forum) and/or sniff out CraigB on that forum as he'll give you a price for fitting it all.

Incidentally, let us know what you find out as, when my boss discovers that I've got the phone prep in my car he's going to want it too as he's always cursing his BT headset. He's got a previous-shape A6 with RNS-E so I'd be interested in knowing the cost of fitting it for when he asks :)

Vertigo1 said:
Not sure tbh. You may be able to answer calls using the RNS-E but you'd presumably have to navigate through the menus to do it. Not sure if it's possible tbh and no easy way to check as the manual for the RNS-E isn't freely available to download.

I have the :readit: rns-e manual :readit: on pdf somewhere on the mess that is my work computer. If you want a look then pm me and i will send you it (or try to)

The microphone for the bluetooth is located in the light panel above you head were the map lights are. It needs to be fitted if your adding bluetooth.

Interesting, is there an extra hole for it in the console plate then? Yet another permutation for Audi to deal with (beige/black, maplights/not, leds/not, sunroof/not, microphone/not)

Just had a nasty scare. Lease company rang to say that Audi couldn't add the phone prep after all as the car was due into build shortly and it was too late to add stuff! :(

Then got a call an hour later from the lady at the lease company saying her boss had been on to Audi directly and managed to get them to add it after all! :)

TBH I'm not going to believe it's fitted until I actually get the car and check!

Sorry Vertigo but the rns manual i have has the telephone bit missing. Never checked it before. The file was 14mb so wouldnt send anyway
sorry again

Probably the same PDF I have, which is for a US device (and thus has sections on satellite radio but nothing on RDS) and the telephone section is missing.

Thanks anyway.

dandle said:

£57.58

Suitable for Nokia 6230i
Sorry for digging up such an old thread :)

Popped into the dealer today to ask about cradles. Yes I know a lot of them are clueless so take all this with a slight pinch of salt but my dealer actually seems fairly competent so I've no reason to doubt them.

The guy in parts said the Nemesis cradles, as mentioned above by dandle, aren't the cradles for the the OEM GSM prep, apparently they're for an aftermarket kit that can be fitted by dealers to some models.

The OEM prep needs a different cradle which apparently cost £100 inc. VAT :ohmy:

He asked what phone it was for and for reasons that escape me I said a 6310i rather than a 6230i and didn't realise what I'd done until after I left so I hope there is a cradle for the 6230i for the OEM prep.

The real pain in the neck is that, as previously mentioned, the phone will work fine via BT without the cradle at all, which is just for charging and connection to the roof aerial. Given that I've never had any signal problems with my phone in the car, all your £100 gets you is somewhere neat to store the phone and charging on the move, which is a bit steep. If I go for a cradle the whole prep is going to end up costing me the thick end of £500 :scared2:

Just thought I'd mentioned this little "discovery" in case anyone orders the above Nemesis cradles and finds they don't fit.

I have a list directly from Audi customer services about cradles for the dash mounted phone prep and they are the same models as the nemesis cradles listed on the Audi web site. I can send you the list if you pm me you email address.

Ta for that. All seems to make sense but the PDF makes no reference to the word "Nemesis", as detailed on the website, nor do the part numbers in the PDF bear any resemblance to the Nemesis cradles listed on the site.

What makes you think they're the same?

Looking at it i don't think they are the same now as you have pointed out because the nemesis phone kist cannot be fitted to the RNS-E according to the audi website. I never really went to deep into it as all the adapter cradles were for phones that were far to old for me. It does seem that the same phones are listed for both different types of cradle(if they are different).

Sent you another comunnication that I had with Audi over them although the info may be the same as I didnt look at both together.

Ta, nothing arrived yet but will keep an eye out.

Bit miffed about the different cradles tbh as I was thinking it was about £60 and now it turns out to be more like £100. Oh well.