Forge DV volume...

P

Pete69zx

I have a Forge DV fitted to my 1.8T Sport.
I can hear it as i release the gas pedal when changing gears.

Its fairly quiet.

Just wondering if more voule is required, then i need to fit a different manufacture DV?

Not saying i want to do this, just curious.

Cheers.

I already have a K&N panel filter fitted. Sounds the same as it did before i fitted it.

I had the Forge 007 and the Bailey DV30 and thought the Bailey was the louder of the two. I'd still stick with the 007 though because the support from Forge is so good.

Pete69zx said:
I already have a K&N panel filter fitted. Sounds the same as it did before i fitted it.

Thats because the sound is muffled by being fed back into the factory plastic airbox. It will be louder if you fit an Induction Kit with a cone filter that replaces the entire airbox.:cool:

S3Steve said:
Thats because the sound is muffled by being fed back into the factory plastic airbox. It will be louder if you fit an Induction Kit with a cone filter that replaces the entire airbox.:cool:

:iagree: I hear my AMD DV from I install the cone filter, not as load as most turbo'd cars, but still very clear

So, is my DV a recirculating one, or does it vent to air?

Curious.

All i know is that it made by Forge.

Cheers.

Must agree with the masses.
Get a CAI on to the car , with the DV it will be "Awesome"
Darth Vader with a cold is the discription we give it :)
Lovely noise , and the 007P is a super DV that with last you many years happy motoring
Sarah

how dangerous is it to run an open ik on the s3, as its getting colder the hot air wouldnt be such a big issue as long as you get some decent cold air feeds, im just worried about the ecu, does it get confused without the maf connected?

I think its a recirc then after looking at the picture on the forge website.

rich1068 said:
Oi! That's my line!

How's it going Sarah? :)
Hey Rich :arco:
Good to speak with you mate!!!!
How`s it going?
What been up to?
You still got your car?
Oooh sorry lots and lots of questions
You know I talk too much , and am let off the leash now :thumbsup:
Sarah

whats the loudest DV forge do? I have a bailey atm but would like a little more whoosh

I have one already but would like a little more volume :)

MAF fails are NOT down to CAI`s
The thing that kills MAF`s is air going over it.
It is nothing to do with CAI`s or K & N filters
Sorry but I have seen completly standard cars fail with MAF problems
I have to disagree with that. I worked as a warranty claims administrator in a Skoda dealer and we had them in stock all the time as they did fail and that was before they became exchange units and cose in excess of £220.00 + VAT
Sarah

cold air induction

ie k&n etc

hi guys!

i have hear of the forge DV being fitted "upside down" and it makes more woooosh? but i really don't know what they mean. is this possible?

also do i have to have a stronger spring for my dv007 after a remap?i have the stock spring.

thanks!