Boom A45 AMG FL to RS3 8v within 48 hours

Spack

Reaction score
well after much deliberation with waiting for news of the RS3 facelift I went and ordered a new A45 AMG facelift, left the dealership and was happy as Larry, then had a phone call to say there is a delay on the A45 black pack alloy wheels and I'm looking at early next year!!
So off I was scouring the used Audi site, found a lovely sepang one at Canterbury but was coming out £100 per month dearer than my A45 order
Then saw the red one at Ipswich Audi, has a couple of nice options such as sports exhaust, dynamic pack, B&O and was in red, TBH all I wanted was the sports exhaust
Rang up and they offered me the same terms as the A45 for £10 less which I didn't think was bad considering it was used APR and only 7k list price difference.
Anyway I'm going Monday to pick it up bring on the launch control!!!

Reactions: hood, FBF01, jimojameso and 7 others
Ha ha no de one mate .... as good as the A45 is, it's no match for the Audi.

The 5 cylinder engine & sports exhaust is the RS3's trump card plus interior is a much nicer place.

You'll love the RS3 pal

Reactions: Sandra, zaeem, Radman and 1 other person
I hope so, anyone know the RS3 in question? I do like the A45 don't get me wrong with aero pack I think it looks slightly better than the RS3 and I hate the silver rotors currently on the RS3 with the red paint. But I think of them both like this the A45 is the local hardnut who goes in pubs spilling people's pints on purpose looking for a fight, the RS3 is the quiet guy in the corner who minds his own business then when pushed too far stands up and kicks the crap out the whole pub.

Reactions: Peter Metcalf, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
That RS3 was owned by someone on here. He changed to an A6, I believe. That car has 19k on it doesn't it? Very nicely priced.

From what I have seen, the car has lived on the motorway.. great choice, you won't regret it!!

Reactions: GRE57Y
Yeah search the number plate and it was in the classified section. It was tempting at the price. It was not listed as having dynamic pack but the sales ad on here showed it does.

Enjoy

Reactions: Sandra and AudiNutta
Yes I said the optional sports exhaust was a must and I was wary that it didn't list dynamic pack, I made her send me the options off the vin and it had the dynamic pack, went and test drove it yesterday and there's no mistaking it has the optional exhaust!!! I liked the sound of the A45 but this RS3 with the added sports exhaust makes the merc sound like a fly farting in an empty bean can

Reactions: AudiNutta and Terminator x
My A45 was rubbish. Good move

Reactions: CHEZ
Still waiting for the ****** paperwork for the original Reg to come back from the DVLA to be able to pick it up.
I've got new alloys, gloss black badges and just booked it in with KDS detail and I've got no car!! Lol

TankClark from M3 cutters yeh?
Just read your post on cutters.
Welcome-You will be good at keeping some of the guys in their place.
I went from F80 to the RS3 and don't regret it.Love the RS3 for everyday driving.
On the limit there are better cars Im sure but as you said on your cutters post the cabin ,noise and overall package is superb.
The fact they aint making them anymore should limit the depreciation a bit too.
Good choice.

I had the pre facelift A45 for a year when they first came out and after picking up the RS3 today I'd say the RS3 pretty much beats the A45 in every single department on the public road, the sheer noise and drama of it, the response from the throttle and gearbox seems light years ahead of the merc, interior buttons and general quality of materials is also a no brainer in favour of the RS3.

Reactions: Terminator x
Go easy on my old car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol will do, nice car you had there. Doing a few bits to it at the weekend, all black badges, gloss black wheels are on and just purchased some carbon fibre mirror covers.

Reactions: billyali86
Be sure to post up some pics.

Well couldn't quite wait till the weekend lol put the front gloss black badge on and what an absolute nightmare that was, even with my trim removal tools I couldn't get it off from the front so had to undo the top of the grill to get in behind it!!! The mirror covers were are stark contrast however, can't believe some of the guides on how to remove them are so complicated!? Just get a plastic trim removal tool (about £2 off eBay) and push it under the mirror cover about halfway along the bottom whete it meets the indicator light until there's a gap to get right under it, then just prise the cover towards you working your way along the bottom then the side and top, only thing to be careful of is to make sure you pull the cover towards you and not upwards, I love the covers they've made a huge difference to the car IMO. Once I've done the rear badges and given the car a clean I'll do a full picture before and after thread.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, GRE57Y and jimojameso
I'm actually sad reading this post! I loved that car
love what you've done with it though! In all seriousness I'd be interested in buying it back again once you're finished in a few years or so...

I'm actually sad reading this post! I loved that car
love what you've done with it though! In all seriousness I'd be interested in buying it back again once you're finished in a few years or so...

Something to think about in the future for sure, nice that a car goes from one enthusiast to another I must say after owning an M135i, A45 AMG and now this the RS3 blows the other two out the water in every department.

Back badges done

Reactions: Stormx, GRE57Y, Terminator x and 2 others
Get some more side on pics up Chaz, interested to see how it looks with the prets

Here you go, all booked in for a stage 2 machine polish correction in December also

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    596.6 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: FBF01
Bigger version

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 360
Really does suit those wheels !

Reactions: FBF01
The lights not so good but I'm giving it a going over this weekend so will get some better pics up in better light, but yes it really looks good with everything gloss black now

Standard alloys are for sale if anyone's interested perfect for winters

Looks so much harder better now.

Yes, the redand black go well together!
However, I think you need more - gloss roof rails, door handles and the little antenna maybe..?

Looks ok don't want to go overboard though lol just wanted all the silver bits done as it really doesn't suit the red.
Think as looks go I'm done with the car now bar a good detail

Reactions: Terminator x
I think you are right, maybe the Red can only take so much black before the contrast looks tarty whereas black is not too heavy on grey.
Hope to have my rear discs on next week and then put the wheels on and that is me finished! I think I prefer your wheels. Mine are 15 straight spoke turbines that I was going to fit to my Mercedes, but not sure they are right for the Audi. We'll see.

Badges are perhaps a step too far IMO.

All opinions welcome, I think the OCD in me couldn't have gloss black trim, mirrors and wheels then have silver badges.

All opinions welcome, I think the OCD in me couldn't have gloss black trim, mirrors and wheels then have silver badges.
What about those silver exhaust tips... and those brake discs...

Lol not sure im brave enough to spray the discs, I'd have carbon fibre tips if they did them

You'll have to come and show me my old car!

Reactions: Spack
Something to think about in the future for sure, nice that a car goes from one enthusiast to another I must say after owning an M135i, A45 AMG and now this the RS3 blows the other two out the water in every department.

How did your A45 compare to your M135i?

Damn it looks good.

Love red with black contrast. People who hate red cars..? Looks Amazing.

Misano red for my next car definitely.

Misano is no RS car so you are going for A car? I don`t like red cars overall but some of them looks good. Black cars is the same - not everyone is looking good but some are and if the owner is lazy and not likes to wash their car all the time, than black is horrible.

How did your A45 compare to your M135i?

Preferred it to the M135i, the BMW was pretty good and it's interior was well put together but it was also quite bland at the same time, engine was great but the 8 speed ZF to me felt like it was constantly changing gear so you never really felt like you was winding the engine right up.
It struggled to use anywhere near its total power in anything but dry weather, I had wheelspin in a straight line at 50 mph once, it felt quite wallowey in the corners and under damped, straight line performance wise it felt quick but it wasn't exciting.
In contrast the A45 felt way sportier inside the seats are great (better even than the RS3's) faux carbon, iPad and buttons were all poor though, the gearbox was never as bad as the reviews make out apart from time taken to engage reverse I think it's as good as the DSG, the ZF in the M135i is better than both though IMO.
Cornering the A45 was way better than the BMW, it cornered far flatter without being anymore uncomfortable, straight line speed the A45 felt around the same as the M135i until you hit about 80mph then the A45 seems to get a second wind whereas the BMW starts to flatten off. I much preferred the A45, both had optional performance exhausts and I again prefered the mercs, the new M140i is very quick though I'd say it would pull on an RS3 or A45 FL once rolling.

Reactions: Usmxn

Misano red is possible on the rs6/7 (in Sweden) not sure about the rs3 (is this tango red)?

I won't be getting a RS though, looking at an A7 or S3/S4 for my next one when its time again.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…