RS3 grill for pre facelift S3

Connorcupra

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone found or fitted an RS3 grill to a pre facelift 8P S3 without a facelift front end?

Cheers

Nope.

Some have bodged replicas in there but the fit is terrible and looks out of place. The only way to properly pull it of is either upgrade the whole front end to fit a proper grill or you go down the custom made route and get and RS6(C6) grill, chop out the mesh and bond it into the S3 grill surround once you've cut out the slats.

I'll be doing this sometime over the winter and might document the process. Just hope that I can pull it off without having to involve a bodyshop.

Reactions: Snuff, Connorcupra and HHS3
Nope.

Some have bodged replicas in there but the fit is terrible and looks out of place. The only way to properly pull it of is either upgrade the whole front end to fit a proper grill or you go down the custom made route and get and RS6(C6) grill, chop out the mesh and bond it into the S3 grill surround once you've cut out the slats.

I'll be doing this sometime over the winter and might document the process. Just hope that I can pull it off without having to involve a bodyshop.

Okay mate thanks :)

Nope.

How did you get on with this?
I am wanting to do the same but do a spare grill and then swap it over.
Wanting to try get a damaged grill thought there must be some about.

What other grills fit the S3, or is it only the S3 grills?
What grill are you using for the honeycomb? A RS6 C6 grill? heard needs to be a good quality one but no sure if the eBay ones are good quality.

Yeah needing pre-facelift.
You would have thought someone would have made them.

Reactions: Snuff
Also, the fitment of them is meant to be very good! I think I will give it a go in the new year and just hope they are... They do look so much better!!!

Yes, that is the right one, but it's for an S-Line bumper, not an S3.

Also, the fitment of them is meant to be very good! I think I will give it a go in the new year and just hope they are... They do look so much better!!!

I can confirm, (because I have one), that the fit and quality is perfectly fine.
The S3 bumper has a deeper intake below the grille, this makes the grille in the link too deep.
That's why people are buying the S6 grille and cutting the mesh out to graft onto the S3 grille.

You can see it fitted here, http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/gallery/photos/new-grille-fitted.5941/