Out of interest - Recommended run in period

TOYNEG

Reaction score
What are Audi telling people about the recommended run in period etc - is there a procedure to bed in the brakes as well? cheers

What are Audi telling people about the recommended run in period etc - is there a procedure to bed in the brakes as well? cheers
I was told not to red line it in any gear for the first 500 miles, brakes I wasn't told anything about

RTFM ;-)

Or search ;-)

Basically, make sure it's up to temperature before you do any spirited driving and from there everyone has a different opinion. I was told to drive it like like it's meant to by my dealer. I have done this and the car is fantastic.

Reactions: Scottyg, Simon L and jonisginger
There's lots of opinions about running cars in, these days engines are very robust and don't often need running in. My personal preference if just nail it from day one...

Reactions: Scottyg
that's what I was hoping lol :)

On no, not again!

Reactions: Daveotto
Various people at the dealer (salesmen and technicians) have always said not to worry about running the engine in as long as it's up to temperature. As such I've tended to give it the beans from time to time during the 'running in' period.

Or you could follow what the manual says and acknowledge it says to run the car in for the first 1500km.

Oh wait, no one reads the manual? Just me then :whistle2::D

Reactions: WarwickL, KenL, AudiNutta and 2 others
i had my s3 delivered yesterday it was on 81 miles when it arrived, i lasted about 20 miles trying to keep it below 4k :s3addict::racer:

Reactions: Scottyg
i ******** mine off the forecourt, and every time I've driven it since.

its doing well.

Last edited by a moderator: