Head Unit help

MartinBai86

Reaction score
Apologies to those of you who have answered this question before but I want to get rid of my Symphony head unit. My car is a 2004 plate A3 and I have been looking at an Alpine double DIN unit to replace it with: http://caraudiosecurity.com/audi-a3...omUzHzrkhzh-uyLJU1ZXxzStWka_aLXm2AaAhFD8P8HAQ
Firstly, does anyone know if these are any good and secondly what extras do I need to make it work correctly with my Bose sound system? It has the 6 disc changer aswell if that makes any difference. I am under the impression certain adapters are needed and I also read somewhere about an adapter needed that prevents there being a loud popping sound when you first turn the unit on. Any help would be appreciated, i.e. a list of the exact bits required. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum. Have a search in the dedicated ICE forum section as that has plenty of similar questions already answered.

The link you posted seems to indicate that this head unit already comes with the adapter you need. May be worth speaking with them to confirm your exact requirements, but given that this HU can be had for just 120 pounds elsewhere online, I'm not sure it's good value.

Have you given thought to an Android HU? Much more functionality, comes with everything you'll need and cost is still reasonable.