Why an S3 Sportback over a Golf R - thoughts please.

you got it. On both pre and post facelift cars you could/can buy magride independently of choosing wheels, but selecting 19"s from factory automatically selects magride. Beware the used car with no magride on 19's, but the other way round is just fine...

Magride on 18's is just fine. Good relaxed ride in comfort mode, sporty as hell in dynamic mode.

Do you know how magride on 18's compares to the normal ride on 18's without magride? Just wondering if you need magride on 18s or not.

Don't forget about the R-line spec golfs. They look very similar to the Golf R and its hard to tell them apart. I'd say the GTI/GTD stand out the most in the Golf range (especially the new Clubsport GTI).

Hehe had to approach a Golf on the job parking lot the other day of that very reason...

Was an R line...

(Ofcourse was seeing it from front/side and another car partially obstructing it.)

Reactions: pburv
Ive driven all forms of R and S3 about a year or so ago, went for S3 sportback in a manual, I drive it mostly in individual mode with fake engine noise off....the fake engine noise in the R is grating (can you turn it off in the R, I only test drove didn't get a chance to play around for long)