Rattly O/S/F&Rear Doors

DarGri

Reaction score
So.. as per the title,

After just over 4k miles (noticeable after 3k), both O/S doors are rattling. I'm 100% convinced it's down to a slack drop glass mechanism so it's booked in for repair in x2 weeks.

As an aside, who else has noticed the deluge of water that seems to pour in if you crack the drivers window when it's raining or washing the screen ?

I mentioned it today at the local dealers and secured a reasonable (ish) deposit on a set of x4 wind deflectors (hoping they deflect rainwater too) £90 all in..

Thoughts..?

The water is normal for modern gutter less design cars these days, plus your should have had a good dosing of wax from the dealership's pdi making it run off easily. Are you should it isn't the door seals causing this as, again, dry seal can cause noises.

The water is normal for modern gutter less design cars these days, plus your should have had a good dosing of wax from the dealership's pdi making it run off easily. Are you should it isn't the door seals causing this as, again, dry seal can cause noises.

.. Definitely the regulator mech on the drivers door at least. when attempting to move the glass up or down incrementally, the first movement either way the regulator moves but the glass doesn't (taking up the slack) none of the others do this.

My drivers door rattles quite badly, feels like it may be loose trim rather than the mechanism.
I will book it in when I am back from holidays....

Picked up the wind deflectors today, Audi branded from ClimAir..

.. wind noise is up a bit but that's expected. I won't say how much they cost in the end but the discount changed dramatically unbeknownst to me until I went to pay for them

Yet to see what difference it makes to rainwater as today was tropical sunshine all day in Scotland (typical)

My drivers door rattles quite badly, feels like it may be loose trim rather than the mechanism.
I will book it in when I am back from holidays....

When it starts rattling lower the window down to just below the seal and see if it stops.