Tango Red

Rob_F

Reaction score
Hi. Just a brief introduction. I'm Rob :smiley: Picked up my nice new A4 2.0TFSI Auto S-Line in Tango Red yesterday. I'll try and post some pics below.

I've been a Ford man all my driving life (25 years) and finally stepped up from a Mondeo diesel.

Really impressed with the way the car handles. Only done 30 miles so haven't put my foot down yet.

I'm quickly getting familiar with the MMI. The neighbours must think I'm crazy sitting in the car for two hours! I seemed to have switched off the microphone somehow. I'm sure I'll find the right menu somewhere!

Rob.
IMG 1594
IMG 1584

Reactions: RSON19, xpoweruk, Bungle17 and 3 others
Really nice car! the tango red and the chrome bars look very nice togheter :D.

Reactions: Rob_F
Hi Rob, welcome to audi-sport.net. Car looks awesome. Hope you enjoy it. Enjoy your time discovering how everything works, that's all part of the fun. Any questions, just ask. Enjoy the forum :)

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Rob and Welcome! :welcome!:

Looks very smart in red, not normally a fan! It's a lovely car to drive, i'm still settling into mine and I love every minute of driving it!

Did you have toys / options fitted?

Only option I got was the metallic. Impressed with the tech you get with the S-line trim best being the dynamic indicators (and I can't even see them!) Would have liked to virtual cockpit but "the boss" wouldn't let me spend the extra.

I'm not normally a fan of tango, or misano, either, but so many more colours seem to suit the a4 than any other cars I've seen. Nice car Rob...

I wanted tango for my Avant but there were no stock vehicles in that colour with the spec I wanted. To avoid the wait for a factory order I settled for floret. The tango looks very nice though. Hope you'll enjoy the car; it's a classy motor.

Just gone over 200 miles today. Engine is loosening up nicely and tfsi engine making a nice grunting noise when revved. I'm sticking to the manuals recommendation of 2/3 throttle for the first 1000 miles.

Still can't get the microphone to work again. I'll probably pop into the Audi garage next week.

Its 1000 `Km` not `Miles`.
So after 600 miles you can increase things.

Its 1000 `Km` not `Miles`.
So after 600 miles you can increase things.
Thanks for that, Kestrel. I too was labouring under the misapprehension that it's miles and at 800 miles completed am still taking things gently. I can now start to have some fun!

Cheers. I was being to think 1000 miles was a bit much. Should have 600 cleared no problem this week.

How is your mpg doing rob?

Last trip was mostly motorway with heavy traffic and a fair bit of stop start. 42mpg. Way too early yet though.

Well your getting alot better mpg than I! But I'm only 300 miles in, and most of that is city driving.

Only option I got was the metallic. Impressed with the tech you get with the S-line trim best being the dynamic indicators (and I can't even see them!) Would have liked to virtual cockpit but "the boss" wouldn't let me spend the extra.

The virtual cockpit is nice, but I feel like I could live without now if I had to go back and re-order. It's more just something to show off to your friends.I normally have mine on long-term memory and normal guages. I think if we didn't have the big screen in the middle it might be different (like the TT).

I wish it was like the virtual cockpit on the tt where you can control everything on it (browsing media, drive select). Still, I love it when I'm driving somewhere new with the nav guiding the way, much prefer it to having to glance left to see where you're meant to be going

Reactions: Rob_F and PhxViper
The reason the tt has that is because the car has only a single screen, which some feel isn't good idea at all because the passenger can't see anything. Personally I can't see why having some features on the centre screen of the a4 a problem, at least the screen is at a better height than other cars in the vag range. I did think though that you could still browse the media and drive select on the drivers screen using the steering wheel controls?

Hi. Just a brief introduction. I'm Rob :smiley: Picked up my nice new A4 2.0TFSI Auto S-Line in Tango Red yesterday. I'll try and post some pics below.

I've been a Ford man all my driving life (25 years) and finally stepped up from a Mondeo diesel.

Really impressed with the way the car handles. Only done 30 miles so haven't put my foot down yet.

I'm quickly getting familiar with the MMI. The neighbours must think I'm crazy sitting in the car for two hours! I seemed to have switched off the microphone somehow. I'm sure I'll find the right menu somewhere!

Rob.
View attachment 103568 View attachment 103569
That tango red A4 is a thing of beauty! Had a red A4 (B8) and had no end of compliments.

Reactions: Rob_F and wideboybloke
Hi Rob and welcome.

The neighbours must think I'm crazy sitting in the car for two hours!
lol I'm not the only one then! A few weeks back I had a neighbour from across the road walk straight past me as I was sitting in the car on the drive, she walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell! I opened the car door and she jumped lol, she had seen my car lights on, not noticed me sitting in the car and had came over to tell me about the light being on :D

I've also had comments about the amount of times I wash the car and how long I spend on it! I blame black for that!!! :)

I've just picked up a A4 Sport 1.4 TFSI in Tango Red, I'm absolutely loving the colour! The metallic finish is really nice, I prefer it to the Brilliant red of a previous A4.

I've just picked up a A4 Sport 1.4 TFSI in Tango Red, I'm absolutely loving the colour! The metallic finish is really nice, I prefer it to the Brilliant red of a previous A4.

Good choice :grinning: It really is a nice shade of red and really pleased. Especially after a couple of coats of wax. :grinning:

Had my car at the dealers today to get the microphone sorted out. They swapped it for a new one and all is good now.

MMI flicker is still there. They changed the "light cluster" but its still the same. They said there's also an MMI update for the issue but its not out for the our model yet.