iPhone 6 Plus - Will It Fit Under The Arm Rest?

Hmm not sure - it's 158.1x77.8x7.1 if you have a rule handy.

Reactions: Tristan2
Thanks Rob,just like to know before I buy one

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thanks Rob,just like to know before I buy one

Mine doesn't really fit that well in my A3 Sportback 2013. It's the mmi lead that gets in the way but I'm sure the FL has USB ports? So it might fit better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gordo77
Mine doesn't really fit that well in my A3 Sportback 2013. It's the mmi lead that gets in the way but I'm sure the FL has USB ports? So it might fit better

Does it fit below the cable and lay flat at the bottom ? Any pics ?

Reactions: Gordo77 and ChivsBang
Yes it will fit, with an outer box case over it too.

Now if only Apple didn't go away from using the old 30-pin lightning port on their phones, I'd be able to test how fully capable the device is with the car's MMI Plus capabilities.

Reactions: Falmouthboy and ChivsBang
Does it fit below the cable and lay flat at the bottom ? Any pics ?

Just realised I'm using an adaptor into the old mmi lead so yes it does fit

Fits fine even when using the charger/mmi lead. got a Lightening one from ebay for £6. works great. lasted 3 months so far!
I actually like putting it next to the cig lighter sideways. fits in the really nice. :)

Just been outside to check if it fits flat and it doesnt! but it rests nicely on the MMI lead/Port at the top at an angle. You will 100% be fine with this. it might lay flat if you put the phone under the MMI port first but i didnt try this. couldnt take a photo as i use my phone as a camera!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordo77, Rob2k68 and ChivsBang
Phone's a phone. Music on SD card - happy days :blahblah1:
Car play is great. All your music as per an sd card, plus almost every other track ever, plus tracks that you may not know but fit your profile. It's the future ! Only down side......I've just had to buy a chunk of data on my phone plan.

Will this phone fit in under the arm rest ?
photo of the phone box. note the audi supplied lead projects quite far out of the back of the phone.
I don't think a 6 plus will fit very well.

Attachments

• IMG_2948.JPG
    IMG_2948.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Rob2k68 and ChivsBang
Photo on 15 09 2016 at 1524
Photo on 15 09 2016 at 1525
Here you go. Iphone 6s Plus Rose Gold! (not Pink!!)

As you can see the top part of the phone rests well on the MMI input cable bit. If you put the main part of the top of the phone under it then the rear/bottom of the phone doesnt fit flush, with or without case. Im using the Apple Leather case here so not chunky. In the second photo its not got a case on. The top part of the arm rest is part hollow too so even with my wallet and glasses etc in there i can lay the iphone on top and be fine to close it shut. To be honest it rests really well there as i like the arm rest high to lean on.

Hope that helps. Oh, this is on PFL as there ws no mention if your car is PFL or FL! :)

Reactions: Tristan2 and Rob2k68
Have checked my PFL with an iPhone 7 plus case and its fits fine.

For my iPhone 7 plus in my upcoming FL model, have bought a Belkin 15cm lightning to USB cable.

How did you check with an iphone 7?! they are released tomoro!! ;)

Think he just used the case ;o)

Reactions: Ormesome
Its even exactly the same size!! Only difference is that the 7 is 4grams lighter so if you own an iPhone 7 your A3 should go a bit fast now its shed some weight! haha! :)

Reactions: Pook and Rob2k68