Traction warning light on!

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Afternoon all!
Going form the stages of prepping my car for a mot plus sorting any problems out after a month of ownership!
I'm about to start on my warning lights,
I have eml on wise I need a new maf,
But my traction warning light is on,
Sometime abs comes on to.
My VCDS isn't working yet so is there any sensor worth changeing, I've done abs sensors before on my a3 so I'm tempted to put some new ones of them in.
Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scan it first...

Traction light may be on due to a faulty MAF... Doesn't mean traction control has an issue, normally means a system tcs uses has a fault..

Scan first regardless as it will save you spending money on things you don't need

<tuffty/>

Ahh I didn't know it could be related to maf aswell, Iv in plugged the maf at the moment as it runs better!
I need to sort my VCDS out!

Unplugging the MAF will be why the TCS light is on... its disabled ESP etc as it needs to see airflow to be able to control the engine when TCS/ESP is in operation

<tuffty/>

Right, so when it was plugged it in came on now and then along with the abs, are they all related?

Right, so when it was plugged it in came on now and then along with the abs, are they all related?

Entirely plausible yes... ABS unit is part of the ESP/TCS system along with the MAF...

A scan with VCDS will confirm whats going on

<tuffty/>

Had this on the wifes A3 a few years ago once i checked the brake lights and found they wernt working it was a very cheap and simple fix the brake pedal switch had died and put the abs and esp lights on the dash

Had this on the wifes A3 a few years ago once i checked the brake lights and found they wernt working it was a very cheap and simple fix the brake pedal switch had died and put the abs and esp lights on the dash

Yes I had to do one of these in my A3, but brake light on my s3 are all working fine.

Will get a new maf ordered, get my VCDS sorted and go from there!